Air Fryer Paprika and Garlic French Fries are outstanding! If you are looking for an easy but delicious recipe for French Fries, my kids went ga-ga over there. So easy and so good.
These fries are easy and fast to make. They are the perfect way to put some magic into your meal. They might be frozen French fries, but adding a bit of spice gives you the perfect side dish that can take your meal from excellent to WOW!
I love making straightforward recipes, but they have to be good. This is one of my favorites, the best part about them is you can make these at your own house, in your air fryer, and it takes mere minutes!
If you are looking for other great but Easy Air Fryer Side Dishes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LOADED TATER TOTS, BREAKFAST POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER, AIR FRYER STEAK FRIES, AIR FRYER FINGERLING POTATOES, and AIR FRYER FRIED POTATOES.
Why This Recipe Is So Good!
- I love that you can use simple ingredients and make a delicious and fantastic side dish.
- No need to cut your French Fries. They are all ready for you, making this a fantastic snack or side dish on any day or night.
- Kid-Friendly, which kids don’t love French Fries?
- No Oil, these are so much healthier than the take-out ones you will get at any drive-thru, but you still get the same fantastic taste!
How To Cook French Fries In An Air Fryer
In a large bowl put your French fries in a bowl. Pour one tablespoon over the French fries and mix to coat.
Add smoked paprika and garlic powder and mix with your hands until coated. Sprinkle Kosher salt if you want to add a hint of salt.
Put in the air fryer basket once all fries are coated with the seasoning. I have a Cosori 5.8 QT, and I use preset Frozen food (snowflake), so the temperature is 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and it cooks for 15 minutes.
Making The Best Frozen French Fries In An Air Fryer!
- The cooking time will depend on what air fryer you own; Air Fryer Ovens seem to take less time than Air Fryer Basket Models.
- Shake the basket frequently during cooking so all French Fries are perfectly crisp up.
- The time may be longer or shorter, depending on how you like your French Fries. Hence, if you want them crunchy, they must stay in longer than someone who likes them barely cooked.
- Use your hands to coat the oil on the French Fries; the oil will help them crisp up. You can use any high-heat oil, such as Grapeseed, Olive Oil, or Avacado Oil.
- Season your French Fries. After you finish cooking, add some salt right before serving.
How long do you cook frozen fries in an air fryer?
Depending on what Air Fryer you own, you may or not need to preheat your air fryer.
I cooked my Frozen French Fries for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F air fryer setting. They were perfectly cooked.
Do you need to thaw (defrost) the frozen fries?
No, the air fryer works better with frozen foods. If you defrost them before air frying, you will have many soggy french fries.
It is best recommended to keep frozen foods frozen and add them frozen to the Air Fryer Basket or on the Air Fryer Tray.
While today, I added some simple seasonings to make a great batch of Air Fryer Paprika and Garlic French Fries; many combinations of spices and flavors would work excellently. Some of my favorites are:
- Cajun or Creole Seasonings
- Garlic or Onion Powder
- Salt–Plain Salt
- Chipotle Powder
- Fry Seasoning–This is one of my personal favorites. If you have never heard of Fry Seasoning, it will elevate your homemade or frozen French Fires to a new level. This one is my favorite.
Are frozen fries air fryer healthy?
Yes, since you do not use much oil to cook frozen French Fries, they are a healthy side dish that the entire family can enjoy!
Do I Need To Add Oil To My Fries?
Yes, a couple of tablespoons, just enough to coat the French Fries. Use your hands to rub the oil in. That helps your Frozen French Fries crisp up in the Air Fryer.
How to Reheat Fries In The Air Fryer
If you have any leftover French Fries (homemade, frozen french fries, or take-out), you can quickly reheat them in the air Fryer.
Place them into the Air Fryer basket, set the tempura to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and heat for 3 to 5 minutes until heated through.
Are you looking for more Air Fryer recipes?
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS
- 24 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- AIR FRYER APPLE TURNOVERS
- AIR FRYER POUND CAKE CUPCAKES
- BLACKSTONE PEPPERONI PIZZA
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Paprika and Garlic French Fries
- 6 ounces frozen French fries
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, put your French fries in a bowl.
- Pour 1 tablespoon over the French fries and mix to coat.
- Add smoked paprika and garlic powder and mix with your hands until coated.
- Sprinkle Kosher salt if you want to add a hint of salt.
- Once all fries are coated with the seasoning, put in the air fryer basket.
- I have a Cosori 5,8 QT, and I use preset Frozen food (snowflake), so the temperature is 350 degrees F, and it cooks for 15 minutes.
- *NOTE* I shake the basket every 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional
- French fries: You can substitute them with any frozen French fries you like. Just keep in mind that if you take thicker fries, your cooking time may vary.
- If you don’t have garlic powder, onion powder can be used instead.
- I have an air fryer with a basket, so every 5 minutes, it is easy for me to shake it for 2 or 3 seconds. If you don’t have one, use a spatula to move them around. By doing this, it allows the fries to cook more evenly.
- I use half the bag because putting too many fries will not allow the fries to cook properly as the air is restricted to properly cook all the fries.