If you love pound cake, you will absolutely love these Air Fryer Pound Cake Cupcakes. They are amazing, light, fluffy, moist, and really delicious.
There is nothing really like pound cake; these Air Fryer Pound Cake Cakes are the perfect combination of a dense, rich, and luxurious cupcake.
One of my favorite things about making pound cakes, whether in loaf form or as a cupcake they have so few ingredients they are perfect for a quick and easy Air Fryer Dessert.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Dessert Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES, AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS and AIR FRYER OREO CINNAMON ROLLS.
What Is A Pound Cake?
Pound cake got its name from the ingredients, which are traditional and historical, including–a pound of each of the following:
Today, we made a scaled-down version of a traditional pound cake, added some pure vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt, and created a delicious pound cake cupcake.
What are the ingredients for a pound cake cupcake?
- Unsalted Butter
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Pound Cake Cupcakes
Spray your silicone muffin tins with cooking spray, or line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat until combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
Divide the batter between the ten lined muffin wells. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 10 to 12 minutes, for air fryer setting. Remove when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, and then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
If desired, once they’re cool, top each cupcake with whipped cream and a few fresh berries.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Pound Cake Cupcakes
- Cream the butter and sugar together to make the best and fluffiest air fryer cupcakes.
- Use a pure vanilla extract, as the flavor will be prominent in the pound cake cupcakes.
- Let your cupcakes completely cool before you add frosting. Otherwise, the frosting will run off.
Simple Decorating Ideas
While cupcakes are great, they provide you with a great time to use your imagination to make a great and gorgeous batch. Some quick ideas:
- Crushed Oreos
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Crushed Pretzels
- Fresh Fruit
How to Store Frosted Cupcakes
If you have any leftover cupcakes, place them into an airtight container. And place the container into the refrigerator.
They will remain good for 3 to 4 days.
Can I Freeze Cupcakes?
This is a great make-ahead recipe. If you want to make a double batch and freeze half, that is a great way to meal-pan and make a simple dessert for the entire family.
To Freeze: Let the pound cake cupcakes cool to room temperature and place them in an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator.
To defrost, remove the frozen cupcakes from the freezer, place them into the refrigerator overnight, and then frost.
Can I Frost The Cupcakes Ahead Of Time?
No, since I went with a simple whipped cream frosting, it’s best to frost them right before serving for the best results.
What Muffin Tins Can I Use In An Air Fryer?
As I use my Air Fryer more and more for baking, I invested in a set of Muffin Tins; they make baking muffins and cupcakes a lot easier; these are my suggestions (affiliate links included):
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Cake Recipes-
- AIR FRYER LEMON MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE COOKIE CHEESECAKE
- EASY AIR FRYER PEACH COBBLER MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT HOSTESS CUPCAKES
- EASY AIR FRYER M&M MUG COOKIE
- AIR FRYER 7-UP CAKE
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Pound Cake Cupcakes
- 8 tablespoons butter, unsalted, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Spray your silicone muffin tins with cooking spray, or line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and beat until combined. Careful not to over-mix.
- Divide the batter between the 10 lined muffin wells. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool for about 10 minutes in the pan and then transfer them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- If desired, once they’re cool, top each cupcake with whipped cream and a few fresh berries.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cupcake Pan, Cupcake Tin
- Cooking Spray
- Muffin Liners