Air Fryer Classic Southern Pound Cake is a great and easy recipe, made with a few ingredients and cooked up to perfection in the Air Fryer.
This cake is light, moist, and utterly declous, and it remains moist, while you are baking in the Air Fryer.
The air fryer is very good at making cakes. They bake up so airy due to the hot air circulating around the cake, baking up perfectly. And with a Bundt Cake, you do not have to worry about the middle cooking up, as the Bundt Cake eliminates that problem.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Cake Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER YELLOW CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING, AIR FRYER CRANBERRY SPONGE CAKE, AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY UPSIDE DOWN CAKE and AIR FRYER VANILLA ICED MUG CAKE.
What Is A Pound Cake?
A pound cake is called a pound cake because it’s actually one of the simplest recipes in the world, named for the measurements of the ingredients.
They include a pound of butter, a pound of eggs, a pound of butter, and a pound of flour. While that would produce a huge cake, I scaled it down for a simple Bundt Cake Recipe.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Classic Southern Pound Cake
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Sour Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Air Fryer Classic Southern Pound Cake
Start by preparing the batter in a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs, mix well.
Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt, pour in the sour cream, mix well.
Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan or Bundt Cake Pan (sprayed with olive oil). Set into the air fryer for 14-20 minutes at 320 degrees F. (air fryer setting). The exact time is going to depend on what pan you use. Obviously, the smaller loaf pans will cook quicker.
Some Pro Tips
- Do not overmix the batter. Once it’s well blended, stop mixing.
- Spray your Bundt cake pan very well, so the corners do not stick.
- Wait to remove the Bundt cake from the pan. This way, it will come out easily.
- Check on your POund cake several times during the cooking process. When the toothpick comes out clean, remove the cake.
- You can use the same batter to make air fryer cupcakes, adjust the time accordingly.
What Type of Frosting To Use On Air Fryer Classic Southern Pound Cake
Traditionally you can either serve with a dusting of powdered sugar, on a simple powder sugar glaze, to make the simple glaze:
Mix 1 cup of powdered sugar with 1-2 tablespoon of milk, mix until it’s at the desired consistency. Drizzle over the cake.
How To Store Air Fryer Pound Cake
This is a straightforward cake to make ahead of time, and it stores really well, assuming that you wrap it several times in saran wrap.
This cake keeps best at room temperature for 2 to 3 days. If you have any leftovers, you can either refrigerate them or freeze them.
Can You Freeze Pound Cake?
Yes, this is an easy cake to freeze. YOu can either freeze the whole cake, or you can freeze slices of the pound cake.
Either way wrap the cake sevearl times in saran wrap, and then a couple fo times with foil, place the cake into the freezer. The cake will last 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
To use from frozen, place the frozen cake on the counter or in the refrigerator until thawed.
This is a really simple recipe, that you can vary by adding fresh fruits, dried fruits or nuts.
If you want to add frozen fruit to the batter, keep the fruit frozen, and mix it in frozen.
What Bundt Pans Work In the Air Fryer?
The size of the Bundt cake pan will depend on what air fryer you own. My universal pan, which I use in all of my Air Fryer Basket Models is below (affiliate link included)
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Start by preparing the batter in a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and butter.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs, mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in the sour cream, mix well until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan (sprayed with olive oil).
- Set into the air fryer for 14-20 minutes at 320 degrees F. (air fryer setting). The exact time will depend on what pan you use; obviously, the smaller loaf pans will cook quicker.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 784Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 217mgSodium: 668mgCarbohydrates: 113gFiber: 1gSugar: 77gProtein: 10g