Is there anything better than a homemade lemon cake? How about an Air Fryer Lemon Mug Cake.
This is one of the easiest desserts that you can make in the air fryer, with only a few ingredients, and you are patiently waiting by the air fryer or cleaning up the kitchen. You can make this and settle down to watch your favorite movie or Netflix show. It is simple, and it is delicious.
I love mug desserts. This one is no different; you can make it for yourself and your hubby or your wife. It is so much better than making a regular cake, where you are forced to look at leftovers and forced to have another slice eventually.
If you are looking for even more mug cake recipes, some of my favorite ones are AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MUG CAKE, EASY AND DELICIOUS COOKIE MUG CAKE RECIPE MADE IN MINUTES and AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD MUG CAKE.
Air Fryer Lemon Mug Cake
Today, I made a simple lemon mug cake and used some lemon zest and lemon juice to bring out the cake’s flavor.
I topped it off with some homemade whipped cream and some lemon zest so that you can taste the truly amazing lemon flavor in every bite.
Ingredients Used: (note the exact quantities are in the recipe card below)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Lemon Juice
- Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Curd
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Mug Cake
In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon juice, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix in the lemon curd and lemon zest.
Spray your ramekin or mug with cooking spray, and then pour the batter in and set into the air fryer at 350 degrees F. for 8-12 minutes.
Let cool slightly, before adding the whipped cream, garnish with some lemon zest.
Tips for Making the Best Air Freyr Mug Cakes
- Any oven-safe mug will work in the air fryer.
- If you do not know if your mug is oven-safe, then use a ramekin.
- If you use a ramekin, only fill about 2/3 the way full, as the batter will spill over as it cooks since the batter rises.
- I usually check my mug cake about 1/2 way during the cooking process. If it appears to be raw, continue to cook until the cake is fully cooked. The exact time is going to depend on your air fryer and how thick the cake is. Smaller mugs do better in the air fryer, as the hot air can reach the cake’s center. Otherwise, you will get a perfect mug cake cooked on the outside but raw on the inside.
What is the best container to bake an air fryer mug cake in?
I switch back between oven-safe mugs and ramekins. Anything that is oven safe will work in the air fryer.
Look for something not to big, a mug, jar, ramekin, silicone muffin cups, etc.
Some Of My Other Air Fryer Favorite Mug Cake Recipes-
- AIR FRYER MUG PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY & CREAM MUG CAKE
- EASY AIR FRYER PEACH COBBLER MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE MUG CAKE
- EASY AND DELICIOUS COOKIE MUG CAKE RECIPE MADE IN MINUTES
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MUG CAKE
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DON’T FORGET TO PIN-Print
This light and moist cake filled with a great lemon flavor that includes lemon curd, lemon zest, and lemon juice for a moist and flavorful cake.
- 8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup milk (any type)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons lemon curd
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, lemon juice, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix in the lemon curd and lemon zest.
- Spray your ramekin or mug with cooking spray, and then pour the batter in and set into the air fryer at 350 degrees F. for 6-12 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before adding the whipped cream, garnish with some lemon zest.
Keywords: Air Fryer Lemon Mug Cake