I love baking. I love baking in my air fryers, I think I find it less intimidating. I started with my mom’s recipes, which she has had for years and years, she is old-fashioned and keeps them on notecards, so the origins are unknown. But, like most home bakers, once you find a recipe you like, you tweak it a bunch, until it suits your family needs. I was going to upload a picture of this one, because, on the card, it has everyone’s preferences. My dad liked it with a side of honey, my sister liked it with lemon zest, I liked it with less sour cream.
This is a really and flavorful cake, that does really well in the air fryer,
KITCHEN ITEMS USED: (NOTE: AFFILIATE LINKS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
This is a really easy cake to make, the air fryer does a great job of making cakes light and fluffy.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Optional: Frosting, lemon zest, and lemon for decorating.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs to the sugar/butter mixture, then mix in the flour, baking powder, salt, zest, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and sour cream, mix well.
- Using non-stick cooking spray, spray an air fryer safe pan (see my suggestion in the recipe instructions)
- Pour the batter into the sprayed pan.
- Then set the air fryer safe pan with the cake mix inside of it into the air fryer. Set the time for 12 minutes at 320 degrees F. Check the cake is it done? If it is done, pull the cake out and let rest of the counter, for frosting/decoration. If it is not done, add another 5 minutes and check it. Is it done, if not repeat, until the cake is done
Remove and let cool, before frosting.