Air Fryer Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts — Indulge in the warm, comforting flavors of homemade donuts with a delightful twist — these cinnamon sugar donuts are not just any ordinary treat; they’re crafted in an air fryer, offering a guilt-free pleasure that doesn’t skimp on taste.
Perfect for those cozy mornings, laid-back afternoons, or when you’re craving something sweet, these donuts promise to deliver all the classic allure of your favorite bakery confections but with a lighter touch.
Crafted from simple, wholesome ingredients, each donut is kissed with a hint of cinnamon and the welcoming sweetness of sugar, forming a heavenly crust that encases a tender, fluffy interior. The magic of the air fryer transforms the dough into a perfect golden brown, with no deep frying required, making this a treat you can enjoy more often with less worry.
Whether you’re a seasoned baker or new to the world of air-fried desserts, this recipe will easily guide you through each step, ensuring that your cinnamon sugar donuts come out perfectly delectable every time. So, let’s preheat that air fryer and embark on a culinary adventure ending with a batch of irresistible donuts your friends and family will adore. Get ready to savor each bite and perhaps even earn the air fryer donut connoisseur title along the way!
Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Cinnamon sugar doughnuts are a classic treat that is loved by many. Their soft, fluffy texture and sweet cinnamon flavor make for a perfect breakfast or dessert. These are homemade donuts, air-fried to perfection. So, if you wanted a recipe for homemade donuts, this is one of the best, and the sweet cinnamon sugar on top makes these donuts amazing!
The whole family will love this recipe, so the next time you head to the grocery store, pick up the simple ingredients for this delicious recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Homemade Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Who doesn’t love a good donut in the morning, especially when it’s freshly made with an air fryer? If you’re looking for a delicious treat that is easy to make and sure to get everyone smiling, look no further than these Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts! With just a few basic ingredients and simple steps, you can whip up these fluffy morsels of joy in no time, perfect for q quick snack!
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page and the nutrition information.
- Flour. While I used all-purpose flour in this recipe, you can easily substitute it for either a blend of whole-wheat or all-purpose flour. Or, if you have a gluten allergy, you can change it to gluten-free flour.
- Baking Soda and baking Powder: Both act as leavening agents in this recipe and help the donuts rise during air frying.
- Spices: I used salt, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon for an old-fashioned donut flavor. They work well together, but change them if you want a different spice combination.
- Fats: Today, I used an egg, milk yogurt, and unsalted butter. They all help the donuts become light and fluffy. You can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream if you wish.
- Vanilla: This is a place to use a great vanilla extract, as you can taste the difference.
- Coating: Melted Butter, Ground Cinnamon, and Granulated Sugar.
How To Make Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make breakfast treat, look no further than these cinnamon sugar air fryer homemade doughnuts! These fluffy, bouncy goodies will hit the spot when you need something extra in your morning meal – not to mention they’ll satisfy any sugar cravings.
With their crunchy coating of cinnamon and sugar, these donuts will surely become everyone’s favorite go-to breakfast food. Ready to tantalize your taste buds? Let’s start with how you can make some scrumptious Cinnamon Sugar Air Fryer Donuts!
Step One: Mix Ingredients
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar. This will help your donuts become fluffy. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix in the milk, yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
Step Two: Prepare The Donut Batter
Mix well, carefully scraping the sides to get all the dry ingredients into the mixture. Spray your donut pan with olive oil spray.
Step Three: Air Fryer Donuts
Fill the donut pans with the batter, about 2/3 the way full. Set the donut pan in the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting), and cook time for 12-16 minutes. Since every air fryer cooks slightly differently, watching the donuts as they cook up is essential. Remove when golden brown.
Step Four: Coating Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
Let slightly cool before coating. Dip donuts into the melted butter and the cinnamon sugar coating. Place them on a rack to let them dry.
Certainly! Creating variations on air fryer homemade cinnamon sugar donuts can be fun to experiment with flavors and textures. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Nutty Crunch: Add finely chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts) to the cinnamon sugar mixture for an added crunch.
- Lemon Sugar Donuts: Add some lemon zest to your dough for a citrus twist, and replace the cinnamon sugar with a lemon-infused sugar coating.
- Coffee Flavored Donuts: Mix some espresso powder into your cinnamon sugar mixture for a subtle coffee flavor.
- Vanilla Bean Donuts: – Scrape a vanilla bean pod and mix the seeds into the sugar coating for an extra burst of vanilla flavor.
- Chai Spice Donuts: – Create a chai spice blend with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, allspice, and clove, and use this to season your donut dough and sugar coating.
- Savory Donuts: – For a savory twist, skip the sugar and spices and sprinkle with delicate herbs and grated cheese after air frying.
- Birthday Cake Donuts: Mix rainbow sprinkles into the dough, and after air frying, top them with a vanilla glaze and more sprinkles.
- Chocolate Chip Donuts: – Fold mini chocolate chips into the batter for a chocolatey treat.
Remember to adjust the cooking times if you change the recipe significantly. Also, consider that wetter additions like fruit purees or extra liquids may affect how the donuts cook and might require some trial and error to perfect. Enjoy your creative baking adventure with these air fryer donuts!
Can I make the donut dough ahead of time? Yes, you can prepare the dough ahead of time. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. Just bring it to room temperature before rolling and cutting when you’re ready to cook.
What if I don’t have a donut cutter? If you don’t have a donut cutter, you can use two round cutters of different sizes, a wide-mouthed glass, and a bottle cap for the center hole.
Can I make these donuts with a different type of flour, like whole wheat or gluten-free? Yes, but be mindful that different flours have different properties. Whole wheat flour will make the donuts denser, and gluten-free flour may require a binding agent like xanthan gum. You may need to adjust the liquid in the recipe.
How do I prevent the donuts from sticking to the air fryer basket? Prevent sticking by lightly spraying the air fryer basket with cooking spray or lining it with parchment paper with holes to allow for air circulation.
How long do I air fry the donuts? Air fry the donuts at 350°F (175°C) for about 4-6 minutes, flipping halfway through. However, cooking times can vary depending on your air fryer model, so it’s best to check for doneness.
Can I use canned biscuit dough for these donuts? Yes, you can use canned biscuit dough as a shortcut. Cut out the centers to create a donut shape and air fry like homemade dough.
How do I store leftover air fryer donuts? Leftover donuts can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. For best results, reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes to refresh the texture before serving.
Can these donuts be frozen? Yes, you can freeze the cooked donuts. Allow them to cool completely, then store them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to 2 months. Reheat in the air fryer to serve.
Can I make these donuts vegan? To make vegan donuts, substitute the egg with a flax egg, use dairy-free milk, and ensure the sugar is vegan. You may also need to adjust the wet-to-dry ingredient ratio slightly.
Why did my donuts come out soggy/not crisp? This can happen if the air fryer is overcrowded, which impedes air circulation. It can also occur if the donuts are not cooked long enough or at a high enough temperature.
Can I add toppings other than cinnamon sugar? Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with toppings like powdered sugar, glazes, chocolate drizzle, sprinkles, or even savory toppings if you’re omitting the sugar.
How do I know when the donuts are done cooking? The donuts should be a light golden brown and spring back when touched. You can also use a toothpick to test; the donuts are done if it comes out clean.
- 3-Pack Silicone Donut Baking Pan of 100% Nonstick Silicone. BPA Free Mold Sheet Tray. Makes Perfect 3 Ich Donuts. Tray Measures 10×7
- Bellemain Premiere Donut Pan for Baking | Nonstick 12.5 x 8.5” Doughnut Pan with 6-Doughnut Molds | Includes 2 Steel Donut Trays | Make Perfect Bagels and Cake Donuts
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread Recipe
- Air Fryer Texas Toast
- Easy Air Fryer Focaccia bread
- Air Fryer Sandwich Bread
Air Fryer Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. This will help your donuts become fluffy.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix in the milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well, be careful to scrape the sides down, so you get all of the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Spray your donut pan with olive oil spray.
- Fill the donut pans with the batter.
- Set the filled pan in the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 12-16 minutes.
- Let slightly cool before coating.
- Dip the donut into the melted butter and the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on a rack to let them dry.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Donut Pan