If you have purchased an air fryer, you probably already tried biscuit donuts. And I believe they are a great air fryer hack. But today, I wanted to make a batch of fresh old-fashioned Air Fryer Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts. They are simply amazing!
This makes for an amazing breakfast treat. And the best thing about them is since they are air-fried they are not sitting in grease. Which means you save some calories.
Air Fryer Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts Ingredients–
Flour. While I used all-purpose flour in this recipe, you can easily substitute it out for either a blend of whole-wheat and all-purpose flour. Or if you have a gluten allergy, you can change it to gluten-free flour.
Baking Soda & Baking Powder: Both act as leavening agents in this recipe, and help the donuts rise during air frying.
Spices; For an old-fashioned donut flavor, I just used salt, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon. I believe they work well together, but if you want a different spice combination, simply change them out.
Fats: Today I used an egg, milk and yogurt, and some unsalted butter. They all really help the donuts become light and fluffy. You can substitute out the yogurt for sour cream if you wish.
Vanilla: This is a place to really use a great vanilla extract, as you can taste the difference.
The coating on the Donuts:
I kept it really simple, by just using melted unsalted butter and a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
How to Make the Air Fryer Cinnamon and Sugar Donuts–
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the butter and brown sugar. This will help your donuts become fluffy.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
Then add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix in the milk, yogurt, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
Mix well, be careful to scrape the sides down, so you get all of the dry ingredients into the mixture.
Spray your donut pan with olive oil spray.
Fill the donut pans with the batter.
Set the filled pan in the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 12-16 minutes.
Let slightly cool before coating.
Dip the donut into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on a rack to let them dry.
Some Helpful Products Used In This Recipe, affiliate links included–
One of the greatest finds that I found for the air fryer, was this silicone donut mold, which is for regular-sized donuts. You can simply cut them out to fit your air fryer. So if you can fit two donut molds into the air fryer, cut out two. If you have a larger air fryer you may be able to fit the entire pan.
When you go about coating your donuts, the best way to make the coating stick and dry on the donuts. If you have a cooling rack, as you coat them, just place them on them, until they are dried.
Other Easy Air Fryer Donut Recipes–
Do Not Forget To Pin–Print
Air Fryer Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
This is a great recipe for an old-fashioned baked donut. Today, we used our air fryer and came up with some really light and fluffy donuts.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 32
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar. This will help your donuts become fluffy.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Then add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix in the milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well, be careful to scrape the sides down, so you get all of the dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Spray your donut pan with olive oil spray.
- Fill the donut pans with the batter.
- Set the filled pan in the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 12-16 minutes.
- Let slightly cool before coating.
- Dip the donut into the melted butter and then into the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Place on a rack to let them dry.
To Make in the Oven: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
Keywords: Air Fryer Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Donuts