This morning, I needed to come with something for breakfast, so I looked at my kitchen table and decided today, found a batch of ripe bananas, and decide to make a fresh batch of Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donuts.
If you have never tried banana donuts, they are light and sweet breakfast donuts wrapped in a cinnamon-sugar coating! It’s a great and easy breakfast.
They are so good, but I am a huge fan of homemade donuts. I have long past the biscuit donuts and came up with these, that air fry perfection.
If you have never made homemade donuts, they are so easy, and you will not believe how awesome they are. Some of my favorite Homemade Donut Air Fryer Recipes are AIR FRYER EASY FUNFETTI CAKE MIX DONUTS, AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL BITES, AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS, and AIR FRYER VANILLA DONUTS.
Why Air Fry Donuts?
They are so much healthier than deep-frying and much quicker than waiting for the oven to preheat, plus it is fun! The air fryer brought back the joy in my kitchen, and I am sure in some kitchens in America.
You get the flavor of deep-frying without the calories and fat from the grease. And although you still use sugar, you use a lot less sugar in these donuts than in a regular donut recipe. The banana adds sweetness, to the donut, without added sugar.
Ingredients Used In Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donuts
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ripe Bananas
- Greek Yogurt
How To Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donuts
In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and mix well. Add the room temperature butter, egg, vanilla extract, and mix well. Then add in your bananas and Greek yogurt.
Mix well, remembering to scrape the sides.
Generously spray your donut mold with olive oil spray. Fill the molds about 2/3 the way full. Set in the air fryer. Set temperature to 320 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. (air fryer setting)
Let them rest for about 5 minutes, then coat them in melted butter and then the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Some Common Questions Asked About Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donuts,
Tips For Making Donuts in the Air Fryer.
- Do not overfill the donut pan. I usually recommend only adding the batter about 3/4 the way full. If you fill anymore, the donuts will expand, and you will have a hard time removing the donuts. They will just become a glob in the pan.
- Coat the donuts while they are still warm.
- If you would like to make these in advance, make the batter and place it in the refrigerator. The batter will stay for about 24 hours.
How Long Do These Donuts Last?
They should last about 2 days. Just place them in an airtight container. If you have any leftovers after 2 days, you can stick them into the refrigerator for another couple of days.
How Do I Clean My Air Fryer?
Usually, the basket is removable, and then hand washes the basket. It will last longer than throwing it in the dishwasher.
Remember always to check the owner’s manual for their recommendations for cleaning. Since every air fryer is different, you want to make sure that you follow their tips, as it will last you longer.
Some Of My Other Favorite Donut Recipes-
Some Helpful Products Used in Making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Banana Donuts–
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
One of the greatest finds for the air fryer was this silicone donut mold for regular-sized donuts. You can cut them out to fit your air fryer. So if you can fit two donut molds into the air fryer, cut out two. If you have a larger air fryer, you may be able to fit the entire pan.
When coating your donuts, the best way to make the coating stick and dry on the donuts. If you have a cooling rack, as you coat them, place them on them until they are dried.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN,
- 1 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (ripe)
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (mixed)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add the room temperature butter, egg, vanilla extract, and mix well. Then add in your bananas and Greek yogurt.
- Mix well, remembering to scrape the sides.
- Generously spray your donut mold with olive oil spray.
- Fill the molds about 2/3 the way full.
- Set in the air fryer. Set temperature to 320 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Let them rest for about 5 minutes, then coat them in melted butter and then the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g