If you’re looking for a unique and delicious dessert that’s sure to wow your friends and family, look no further! These air fryer blueberry pie bombs are the perfect combination of sweetness and tartness and will soon become a family favorite.
Not only do they taste amazing, but they’re also surprisingly easy to make – all you need is an air fryer and some simple ingredients for this easy recipe. In just 10 minutes (plus cooling time!), these delicious treats will be ready to enjoy! Keep reading for our step-by-step instructions on how to whip up this delightful snack in a flash!
Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs
Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs are a delicious, easy-to-make dessert perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. These bite-sized treats are made with a buttery crust and a sweet blueberry filling and are air fried to perfection, resulting in a crispy outer layer and a warm, gooey center.
They are a fun and creative twist on classic blueberry pie and can be served any time of the day as a tasty snack or a dessert. In this recipe, we will show you how to make these irresistible Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs that will impress your family and friends!
If you love desserts, try some of my favorites, such as air fryer biscuit bombs, air fryer cherry pie, air fryer apple pie bombs, air frye cherry biscuit bombs, air fryer blueberry hand pies, and air fryer blueberry pie recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs
Say goodbye to traditional deep-fried desserts and hello to Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs! These little pies are fun, with a burst of blueberry flavor and gooey sweet filling, and are amazing.
We’ll show you what ingredients you need, how to prep them, and even give a few tricks on ensuring your blueberry pie bombs come out perfect every time. Get ready for a truly unique treat with the help of your trusty air fryer.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Dough: Use homemade pie crust, crescent rolls, can of biscuits, or Grand Biscuits.
- Blueberry Pie Filling: use homemade blueberry pie filling or a can of pie filling
- Serving: Powdered Sugar or Cinnamon Sugar Mixture.
How To Cook Blueberry Pie Bombs In Air Fryer
Blueberry Pie Bombs are an easy and delicious way to enjoy a sweet blueberry treat! If you have an air fryer, why not try making them at home? They’re incredibly simple and require only minimal ingredients. Plus, they’ll be ready in just minutes!
These little bombs will take your taste buds on a journey of fruity flavor with every bite. Get ready to experience the delightful aromas of juicy blueberries in each one – it will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth cravings. Keep reading for my tips on how to make Blueberry Pie Bombs in the air fryer like a pro!
Step One: Prepare The Dough
Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Divide the dough into equal-sized pieces, depending on the dough you use. Using biscuit dough, you can separate the biscuits into rounds of biscuit dough. You can use a pizza cutter to divide the dough into equal-sized squares or rectangles for pie dough or crescent dough.
Step Two: Add Your Blueberry Pie Filling
Place about a tablespoon of pie filling in the center of the dough. Roll the crescent dough into balls, pinching the sides of the bombs and edges of the dough to keep them sealed.
Step Three: Air Fry Blueberry Pie Bombs
Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray, or line the basket of your air fryer with parchment paper, then spread your biscuit bombs in a single layer. You want to give them enough space so that the air can circulate them. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 4 to 7 minutes. (air fryer setting). Remove when the blueberry pie bombs have a nice golden brown color.
Step Four: Serving
Remove the blueberry bombs from the air fryer basket and place them on a cooling rack, then brush with melted butter, then roll in powdered or cinnamon sugar right before serving.
Pro Tips For The Best Air-Fried Blueberry Pie Bombs
Air-fried blueberry pie bombs are a healthier alternative to traditional fried pies. Here are some pro tips to help you make the best air-fried blueberry pie bombs:
- Use cold ingredients: When making the dough for your blueberry pie bombs, the room-temperature dough will not hold its’ shape during air frying.
- Use fresh blueberries: Fresh blueberries will give your pie bombs the best flavor and texture. Add a few fresh blueberries to the filling.
- Don’t overfill: Be careful not to overfill the pie bombs, which can cause them to burst while cooking. Use about a tablespoon of blueberry filling for each bomb.
- Seal the edges: Be sure to seal the edges of the pie bombs well so the filling doesn’t leak out during cooking.
- Use a light oil coating: Lightly coat the pie bombs with cooking spray or oil before air-frying. This will help them get crispy and golden brown. Or brush with melted butter, unsalted.
- Cook in batches: It’s best to cook the pie bombs in batches so they cook evenly and don’t stick together.
- Serve immediately: Air-fried blueberry pie bombs are best served warm and fresh out of the air fryer. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat!
What Other Fillings Can You Use?
While today I used a simple blueberry pie filling; this is a great recipe; here are some different filling options.
Some of my favorites are:
- Warm Apple Pie Filling or homemade apple pie filling
- Peach Pie Filling
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- Almond Pie Filling
- Canned Cherry Pie Filling
- Tart Cherry Filling
How To Store Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs
If you have leftovers of your air fryer blueberry pie bombs, here’s how to store them properly:
- Storing: Let them cool down to room temperature. Place the pie bombs in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. Store them in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Freezing: If you want to freeze them, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place them in a freezer-safe container or zip-lock bag. Label and date the container or bag before storing it in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Reheating: To reheat the blueberry pie bombs, place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until they are heated and crispy.
Keep in mind that the texture and flavor of the pie bombs may not be as good as when they are freshly made, so it’s always best to enjoy them right after cooking if possible.
Can I Bake These in the Oven?
Yes, you can absolutely make these in the oven. You would make the recipe as directed and then place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
Can I Add Cream Cheese to Pie Bombs?
Use room-temperature cream cheese, and mix it into the blueberry pie filling before adding it to the dough. Cold cream cheese will not melt into the little hand pies, as they air fry so that you will end up with cold cream cheese; for the best flavor, leave the cream cheese on the counter for 20-30 minutes before preparing this sweet treat.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Blueberry Pie Bombs
- 1 package crescent dough, or biscuit dough
- 1 cup blueberry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface with a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Divide the dough into equal-sized pieces, depending on the dough you use. Using biscuit dough, you can separate the biscuits into rounds of biscuit dough. You can use a pizza cutter to divide the dough into equal-sized squares or rectangles for pie dough or crescent dough.
- Place about a tablespoon of pie filling in the center of the dough. Roll the crescent dough into balls, pinching the sides of the bombs and edges of the dough to keep them sealed.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray, or line the basket of your air fryer with parchment paper, then spread your biscuit bombs in a single layer. You want to give them enough space so that the air can circulate them. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 4 to 7 minutes. (air fryer setting). Remove when the blueberry pie bombs have a nice golden brown color.
- Remove the blueberry bombs from the air fryer basket and place them on a cooling rack, then brush with melted butter, then roll in powdered or cinnamon sugar right before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray