Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies are so good! This is one of the best recipes to make homemade Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies in minutes!
Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pieces are a great and versatile recipe, and the pastry dough crisps up beautifully in the Air Fryer.
This is going to be a great back-to-school snack for the kid’s lunchboxes, and every child will love to find homemade Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies hidden in their lunchbox.
If you love blueberry pie, you will absolutely love this recipe. The warm, tender filling and flaky, buttery pastry dough wrapped around it make for an amazing dessert, snack, or appetizer.
What Is A Hand Pie?
I always think of a hand pie as a portable pie. The filing can be anything from a savory filling to a meaty filling to a sweet pie filling.
Traditionally these hand pies were deep-fried or baked. Today, I used the air fryer, which creates a healthy alternative to deep-frying since you use very little oil.
You can use any type of pie filling for this recipe.
Why You Will Love This Recipe?
- They are Easy.
- They are Delicious!
- Only a few ingredients to a great homemade pie taste.
- Crispy, and flaky exterior with a warm interior.
- These store well, for a great midweek snack.
- These freeze well, for a great make-ahead snack or dessert.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Refrigetaed Pie Crust
- Egg White
- Sparkling Sugar (optional)
How To Make Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies
Start by laying out your dough on a floured surface. Use your biscuit cutter and make your circles, choose a size that will allow you to put in a few tablespoons of filling.
Remove the excess dough from the counter, and set aside (as you will roll that later to make more hand pies)
Add about a tablespoon of blueberry pie filling to the center of the circle. Fold over the dough, and then use a fork to seal the edges. Then brush the egg white on, and sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top.
Finish making them, until your baking tray is filled. Do not crowd them, as you don’t want them to touch.
Cut two small slits in them, to allow air to circulate.
Set your air fryer oven to 350 degrees for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes check and see if they are cooked. Mine where not, so I added another 2 minutes. To get the dough golden brown.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model. I have also cooked these in my Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain the same.
- You can use prepared or homemade pie dough, and the recipe will remain the same.
- Since every air fryer is slightly different, remember to watch these as they cook up.
- If you want, you can use Gluten-Free or Vegan Pie Crust.
- You can change the recipe out of blueberry pie filling, and you can use either peach pie filling, cherry pie filling, apple pie filling, and any other canned pie filling.
MEAL PREP AND PREP AHEAD
This recipe is so easy to make ahead of time, making it the perfect snack for the kids to bring to school in their lunchboxes.
To make these ahead of time, prepare them as directed, and then let them cool to room temperature. Then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
This is a great recipe to make and freeze for a quick snack or dessert. You can either make them and then freeze them before cooking, or cook them and then freeze. Either will work.
If you want to make them and then freeze, place the cooked Air Fryer Blueberry Hand Pies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer and freeze until frozen solid.
Then remove and then place into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
To use from frozen, place them frozen into the Air Fryer Basket, and set the temperature to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
MORE AIR FRYER DESSERT RECIPES
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BOMBS
- AIR FRYER BEST CHERRY TURNOVERS
- EASY AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE DANISH
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON CHURRO BITES
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON STICKY BUNS
- EASY AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust dough
- 1 cup blueberry pie filling
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons sparkling sugar
- Start by laying out your dough on a floured surface.
- Use your biscuit cutter and make your circles. Choose a size that will allow you to put in a few tablespoons of filling.
- Remove the excess dough from the counter, and set it aside (as you will roll that later to make more hand pies)
- Add about a tablespoon of blueberry pie filling to the center of the circle.
- Fold over the dough, and then use a fork to seal the edges.
- Then brush the egg white on, and sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top.
- Finish making them until your baking tray is filled. Do not crowd them, as you don’t want them to touch.
- Cut two small slits in them to allow air to circulate.
- Set your air fryer oven to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, check and see if they are cooked. Mine were not, so I added another 2 minutes. To get the dough golden brown.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.