If you have not gotten around to making hand pies, let me tell you, they only look intimating, they are actually really simple.
If you are not familiar with the term of hand pie, it’s really just a fancy way of saying portable pie. Meaning you can take these with you anywhere you go, and since they look like you spent hours and hours in the kitchen, they would be perfect for you to take to the next family gathering or BBQ that you are invited to.
Hand pies as I discovered through Wikipedia, are actually just small pies. They are just filled pies that have been encased with dough, Meaning they are individual pies, with the filling inside, which makes them perfect walking around food. My kids are so going to love these, in September when I put them into their lunch boxes.
These make the perfect dessert since the kids can take them out of the kitchen, while I am cleaning the kitchen.
Here are some pointers when making hand pies, and if you follow these, I promise you will be making hundreds of them in no time.
And if you are looking for an amazing group of Air Fryer Experts, all who share their wisdom and knowledge, and great recipes, feel free to join here!!
First: Invest in a set of biscuit cutters, they come in handy for all of your baking, air fryer or regular.
Second, your air fryer type will make a difference in your cooking time, so I recommend that you set your time for a few minutes after it should be done, so that you don’t burn them, because there is nothing worse than a burned pie.
Here are the simple steps to make it in your own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
This is such an easy and fun recipe to make. You can change it out to whatever pie filling you and your family loves. I used a can of raspberry pie filling, that I had on hand, and it was fabulous!
- 1 package refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup raspberry pie filling
- olive oil spray
- sparkling sugar
- Start by rolling out the dough.
- Use your biscuit cutter, and cut out the circles. Repeat, until you use all of your dough.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of pie filling in the center. Place another circle on top, and then use your fork tines to create the crust. Spray with olive oil.
- Place the pastry on either a greased air fryer tray or in a greased air fryer basket.
- Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Set int the air fryer basket or tray for 5 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chicken pie air fryer cherry turnovers air fryer pumpkin pie air fryer desserts air fryer recipes air fryer peach cobbler air fryer apple recipes air fryer donuts