This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Just like grandma used to make, hold the butter and oil. This I call my healthier fake donut recipe My kids love them, I don’t mind making them, I think they are really cool project that you can do with your child.
- 1 package mini biscuits (package of 12)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Start by spraying your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Layout your biscuit dough.
- Use your biscuit cutter (see my blog post for which set I own) and place it in the middle of the donut, making a hole.
- Continue to make a hole in the center of your dough, until they are all done.
- Place them on the greased tray and then place it 1/2 way in the rack for 4 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Once they are done, just coat them in the powdered sugar (just put them in, you can use butter, but it’s not necessary)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer donuts from scratch air fryer donuts from pillsbury grands air fryer donuts canned biscuits air fryer donut recipes from scratch air fryer donut holes air fryer donuts glazed air fryer donuts from scratch no yeast air fryer donut holes from scratch