Air Fryer Blueberry Lemon Donuts –Looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast idea? Try these air fryer blueberry lemon donuts!
Air Fryer Blueberry Lemon Donuts are amazing. With the homemade taste of a natural lemon and blueberry donut and iced with a simple lemon glaze. What could be a better breakfast?
I love a great homemade donut with my morning coffee. These make the perfect breakfast for everyone. My kids were in love at first bite.
If you have never made homemade donuts before, do not fret, this is a simple and easy recipe. And they baked up perfectly in the Air Fryer.
One of the best things about baking in the air fryer, besides being simple, is that the baked goods come out light, fluffy, and delicious.
If you are looking for even more air fryer donut recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS, AIR FRYER SOUR CREAM DONUTS, EASY CINNAMON SUGAR AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES and of course, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS.
Air Fryer Blueberry Lemon Donuts
Today, I used fresh blueberries since I had some on hand, but you can always substitute for frozen blueberries.
Ingredients (Detail List with Amounts are in the Recipe card Below)
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Lemon Juice
- Lemon Zest
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Blueberries
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Blueberry Lemon Donuts
Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
Then add the milk, sugar, egg, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract. Then fold in the blueberries mix well.
Spray your donut pans, and then pour the batter into the sprayed donut pans, set into the air fryer basket or tray (lowest level) for 10 to 12 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Let cool before icing. To make the icing in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth, then drizzle the glaze over the donuts.
TIPS FOR MAKING PERFECT AIR FRYER DONUTS
- Another great topping for these donuts is a mixture of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar together.
- Allow the donuts to completely cool before glazing them, otherize the glaze will runoff.
- Place the donuts on a rack to let the glaze runoff; this will ensure an even coating.
- Only fill about 2/3 way full. If you overfill them, they will bubble over, and they will be difficult to remove from the donut pan.
- You can make the batter in advance. I would advise making it the night before you need it and then covering and refrigerated until the next morning.
CAN I ADD FRUIT INTO THE BATTER IN THIS RECIPE?
Yes, if you want to add small berries to this recipe, that would work perfectly. I would suggest either strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries.
If you want frozen fruit in this recipe, I would add them in frozen.
HOW LONG WILL THESE DONUTS LAST?
Truthfully, they don’t last long in my house. My kids gobble them up, but here is the best way if you are looking to store leftovers.
Place them into an airtight container and place them on the counter for about 2 to 3 days. For any more extended storage, put them into the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE BLUEBERRY LEMON DONUTS?
Yes, if you want to make a batch and keep them in the freezer, that’s a great idea. I usually make a big batch on Sunday and then use them for a great and easy breakfast or snack in the next few weeks.
They will last for about 1 to 2 months. To use, place into the refrigerator overnight. I do not add icing until they are defrosted.
TRY THESE AIR FRYER DOUGHNUTS NEXT!
- AIR FRYER GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE FUDGE DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY JELLY DONUTS
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
WHAT DONUT PANS CAN YOU USE IN THE AIR FRYER?
Air Fryer pans have come a long way since I started baking with my air fryer. They have these fantastic silicone donut molds. These molds will fit any air fryer basket or oven.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Blueberry Lemon Donuts:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Then add in the milk, sugar, egg, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla extract. Then fold in the blueberries, mix well.
- Spray your donut pans, and then pour the batter into the sprayed donut pans, set into the air fryer basket or tray (lowest level) for 10 to 12 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Let cool before icing. To make the icing in a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth, then drizzle the glaze over the donuts.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Let the donuts cool before icing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.