There is nothing better than a platter of hot fresh Air Fryer Strawberry Donuts. They are amazing! Light and fluffy and full of fresh strawberries and sweet icing on top. This is the perfect Sunday morning breakfast treat for the entire family!
If you were looking for a simple recipe for homemade donuts, this is one of my favorites. I love that it’s full of fresh fruit and made from a few ingredients found in your pantry and refrigerator. There is nothing better than a sweet donut to start your morning.
If you are sick of air fryer biscuit donuts and are looking to make a batch of homemade donuts in your air fryer without waiting for the yeast to rise, this recipe is the perfect recipe.
Air Fryer Strawberry Donuts
Now that my kids are home for school, I love giving them a great and homemade breakfast treat. Eggs get old, and eating cereal in front of the computer is messy. So a breakfast treat is usually in order. And if you know me, I love baking.
Today, I made a batch for my family, and I love air fryer donuts. They are easy to make and delicious to eat. I added a lot of fresh fruit to the donuts to taste fresh strawberries in each bite.
I added a sweet glaze on top that is really easy to make, and it ties the entire bite together. You get the freshness from the strawberries but the icing sweetness—the perfect way to start any morning.
How to Make Air Fryer Strawberry Donuts
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
- Powdered Sugar
How to Cook Air Fryer Strawberry Donuts
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
Pour the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla into the mixing bowl, beating until well combined.
Fold in the fresh strawberries. Mix well.
Spray your donut pans with olive oil, being careful to spray the sides really well. Scoop the batter into the donut pans, filling about 2/3 the way full. Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10-15 minutes.
Test to see if the donut comes out clean, but sticking a toothpick into the center of one, and if it comes out clean, remove it from the air fryer.
Let cool slightly while you make the icing. Glaze the donuts with the icing, plate, serve, and enjoy!
SOME COMMON QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT MAKING HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY DONUTS IN THE AIR FRYER
CAN I USE FROZEN STRAWBERRIES IN THIS RECIPE?
Yes, you can use frozen, my advice would be not to thaw them as the batter will be watery.
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS
- Only fill about 2/3 way full. If you overfill them, they will bubble over, and they will be difficult to remove from the donut pan.
- You can make the batter in advance. I would advise making it the night before you need it and then covering and refrigerated until the next morning.
- Let them cool for about 4 to 8 minutes before removing them from the molds. This way, they won’t stick.
- If you want to add 1 or 2 strawberries crushed to the icing, it will give you a great homemade strawberry icing.
HOW LONG WILL THESE DONUTS LAST?
Truthfully, they don’t last long in my house. My kids gobble them up, but if you are looking to store leftovers.
Place them into an airtight container and place them on the counter for about 2 to 3 days. For any longer storage, place them into the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS?
Yes, ifyou want to make a batch and then keep them in the freezer that’s a great idea. I usually make a big batch on Sunday and then use htem in the next few weeks for a great and easy brekafast or snack.
They will last for about 1 to 2 months. To use, place into the refrigerator overnight. I do not add icing until they are defrosted.
TRY THESE AIR FRYER DOUGHNUTS NEXT!
- AIR FRYER GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE FUDGE DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY JELLY DONUTS
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS, USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DO NOT FORGET TO PIN,Print
There is nothing like a fresh hot donut for breakfast. Although, I am from Boston, where Dunkin Donuts is on every street corner. Today, I am bringing you my delicious version of an Air Fryer Strawberry Donuts.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon.
- Pour the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla into the mixing bowl, beating until well combined.
- Fold in the fresh strawberries.
- Mix well.
- Spray your donut pans with olive oil, being careful to spray the sides really well.
- Scoop the batter into the donut pans, filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
- Test to see if the donut comes out clean, but sticking a toothpick into the center of one, and if it comes out clean, remove it from the air fryer.
- Let cool slightly while you make the icing.
- Glaze the donuts with the icing, plate, serve, and enjoy!
To make the icing, add the powdered sugar and milk into a small bowl. Mix until well blended.
Keywords: Air Fryer Strawberry Donuts