Air Fryer Churro Donuts are amazing; they make a great and delicious treat for the entire family. If you love Churros or anything Mexican, this will make the perfect dessert or breakfast for you, and it is so easy to make with the help of the air fryer.
If you have ever had churros, they have the same delicious coating of butter, ground cinnamon, and granulated sugar. Same great flavor as churros, but the inside is filled with a batter made up of a light and airy batter, making for a great and delicious treat that the entire family will love.
Whether you serve these for breakfast, a snack, or dessert, they are the perfect balance of sweetness. I love the ground cinnamon in the topping, which gives you that great balance of flavor.
If you are looking for other great and easy donut recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SOUR CREAM DONUTS, AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS, and AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR BANANA DONUTS.
Air Fryer Churro Donuts
- Pure Sugar Cane
- Ground Cinnamon
- Baking Powder
- All-Purpose Flour
How To Make Air Fryer Churro Donuts
In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter and ground cinnamon, and milk.
Mix well, until smooth.
Spray your donut molds with non-stick cooking spray, and then pour the batter into the donut molds, filling about 2/3 way full.
Set the molds into the air fryer for about 10 to 12 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
While the donuts are air frying up, make the topping by mixing the butter, sugar, and ground cinnamon and then pouring over the donuts.
Tips for Making Perfect Air Fryer Churro Donuts
- Allow the donuts to completely cool before glazing them, otherize the glaze will runoff.
- Place the donuts on a rack to let the glaze runoff; this will ensure an even coating.
- Only fill about 2/3 way full. If you overfill them, they will bubble over, and they will be difficult to remove from the donut pan.
- You can make the batter in advance. I would advise making it the night before you need it and then covering and refrigerated until the next morning.
HOW LONG WILL THESE DONUTS LAST?
Truthfully, they don’t last long in my house. My kids gobble them up, but here is the best way if you are looking to store leftovers.
Place them into an airtight container and place them on the counter for about 2 to 3 days. For any longer storage, place them into the refrigerator.
CAN I FREEZE LEMON DONUTS?
Yes, if you want to make a batch and then keep them in the freezer, that’s a great idea. I usually make a big batch on Sunday and then use them in the next few weeks for a great and easy breakfast or snack.
They will last for about 1 to 2 months. To use, place into the refrigerator overnight. I do not add icing until they are defrosted.
TRY THESE AIR FRYER DOUGHNUTS NEXT!
- AIR FRYER GLAZED DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE FUDGE DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY JELLY DONUTS
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
What Donut Pans Can You Use In The Air Fryer?
Air Fryer pans have come a long way since I started baking with my air fryer. They have these amazing silicone donut molds. These molds will fit any air fryer basket or oven.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
This is a great and easy recipe for homemade churro donuts. The donuts are filled with the traditional churro coating and make for a great dessert.
- ½ cup sugar pure cane
- ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, butter and ground cinnamon, and milk.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Spray your donut molds with non-stick cooking spray, and then pour the batter into the donut molds, filling about 2/3 way full.
- Set the molds into the air fryer for about 10 to 12 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- While the donuts are air frying up, make the topping by mixing the butter, sugar, and ground cinnamon and then pouring over the donuts.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Churro Donuts