Air Fryer Banana Donuts are amazing! If you love banana bread, you will so love this recipe, and with the air fryer, they’re done in 12 minutes!
There is nothing better than a homemade donut, and today this was the perfect recipe, and it was coated with cinnamon sugar for even more of a treat!
Everyone loves great homemade banana bread, so why not banana donuts? They are cooked up perfectly in the Air Fryer! Light, tender, and moist, everything you want in a donut!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Banana Donuts
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ripe Bananas
- Sour Cream
- Ground Cinnamon
For the full recipe, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview of how to make Air Fryer Banana Donuts!
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Donuts
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Once combined, add in the eggs, vanilla, bananas, and sour cream mix well.
Spray your pan with cooking spray, and then pour your batter into the prepared pan, filling about 2/3 the way full.
Set the pan into the Air Fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 to 12 minutes.
Let the donuts cool slightly, while you melt the butter, and mix the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
Dip the donut into the melted butter and then into the ground cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Why Air Fryer Donuts?
Everyone loves donuts, and while the Air Fryer Biscuits Donuts do in a pinch, they are really no substitute for real donuts.
While I do not have a deep-fryer, I own quite a few Air Fryers, so making a homemade batch has never been easier. They are healthier, delicious, and with only a baking time of 12 minutes. What is not to love?
Some Pro Tips
- Spray your donut pans with cooking spray, so they easily pop out, after cooking.
- Only fill the donut pans about 2/3 the way full, this way they do not overflow, as they bake up.
- For best results use ripe bananas, wait for your bananas to be almost black, as the banana donuts will be sweeter.
- Wait a couple of minutes to remove the donuts from the donut pan, which will make it easier for them to remove.
There are two great coating options for these donuts. I went with the easiest and healthiest, which was a simple cinnamon and sugar coating.
The other option that I would recommend would be melted chocolate because what goes better with baked banana donuts than a simple chocolate glaze.
To make the chocolate glaze:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix all of the ingredients in a small microwave bowl, heat until the chocolate glaze comes together.
Dip the donuts into the chocolate glaze, and let cool for a couple of minutes, which will let the glaze harden.
How To Store Air Fryer Banana Donuts
If you have any donuts leftover, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container.
They will last between 2 to 3 days. For any longer, I would place them into the refrigerator.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Banana Donuts
If you want an easy recipe to use up bananas and meal-plan or later, this will make a great freezer-friendly breakfast meal.
For best results wait for the cinnamon sugar coating or chocolate coating.
Make the donuts are directed, and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer until the banana donuts are frozen solid. Remove and place the frozen donuts into a freezer bag. They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
To Use From Frozen: Remove the frozen banana donuts, and place them on the counter or refrigerator until room temperature.
Once the donuts are thawed, add the coating.
What Air Fryer Donut Pans Can I Use?
While you can use various donut pans, the donuts pans that fit into your air fryer will determine what pan you can use.
Here are a couple of options: (affiliate links included)
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Banana Donuts
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, ripe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted, unsalted
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Once combined, add in the eggs, vanilla, bananas, and sour cream mix well.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray, and then pour your batter into the prepared pan, filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Set the pan into the Air Fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool slightly while you melt the butter, and mix the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Dip the donut into the melted butter and then into the ground cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Donut Pan, or Donut Mold
- Cooking Spray