Air Fryer Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts made for a great breakfast. There is nothing better than having an excuse for eating chocolate in the morning.
If you love a great donut, these will soon become your favorites! Made with a simple chocolate cake mix, and this recipe will not disappoint!
If you love a great morning donut or an early afternoon snack with your coffee, this will soon be your favorite recipe.
And with the help of the air fryer, you will get a light, and delicious batch, every single time.
I love making donuts, so if you are looking for even more Air Fryer Donuts Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER POWDERED SUGAR DONUTS, AIR FRYER GLAZED BISCUIT DONUTS, AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BOMBS, and AIR FRYER BANANA DONUTS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
How To Make Air Fryer Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts
Start by making your donut mix in a large mixing bowl. Mix all of the donut ingredients.
Pour your batter into the silicone donut molds, place them into the air fryer basket; Set the time for 6-10 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Repeat with the remaining batter, and let the donuts cool, before you frost them.
- Use a great quality chocolate cake mix. I love a great Ghiradelli Chocolate Cake Mix, and it’s so rich and yummy!
- Make sure to spray your pan with cooking spray. This way, the donuts slide out easily.
- Check your donuts frequently as they cook up since each air fryer is slightly different.
- While I used a simple ganache topping, you can add any topping that you like.
- Fill your pan only 2/3 the way full. Otherwise, the dough will rise and spillover in the Air Fryer.
What Other Toppings Can I use For These Donuts Instead Of Icing?
This is a easy recipe to add toppings, which makes it a fun recipe, for you to make with the kids, or even serve at a party!
Some easy options:
- Powdered Sugar
- Canned Frosting
- Coat with a cinnamon and sugar mixture
How Do I Store Any Leftover Air Fryer Donuts?
If you have any leftovers let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 3 days in the refrigerator.
For best results, you may want to re-frost them before serving.
What Donut Pans Can I Use In The Air Fryer?
While the donut pans that you can use, will be determined by what air fryer you own, some of my favorites are (affiliate links included)
Some Other Great Air Fryer Donut Recipes:
- AIR FRYER POWDERED SUGAR DONUTS
- AIR FRYER VANILLA DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN DONUT HOLES
- AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE YEAST DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER REESE’S PEANUT BUTTER CUP DONUT HOLES
Chocolate Cake Mix Donuts:
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
Milk Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Start by making your donut mix in a large mixing bowl. Mix all of the donut ingredients.
- Pour your batter into the silicone donut molds, place them into the air fryer basket; Set the time for 6-10 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, and let the donuts cool before you frost them.
- Frosting the Donuts (instructions below) and then let sit for a couple of seconds.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
In a small bowl, mix the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan. Over low heat, stir until the chocolate has melted.
Pour the chocolate icing into a shallow bowl to allow for dipping.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 3g