These are a great way to make homemade donuts for the entire family and still take a relatively short time. Air fryer cake mix donuts are the perfect solution for most breakfast and desserts.
Every day is better with cake and chocolate, now you can start your morning off with chocolate cake mix donuts, made right in the air fryer. This morning I topped my donuts off with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. But, you can top them off with anything. The only limitation is your imagination.
My kids love it when I make these for breakfast, or for a late-night snack. The best thing is once you make the batter, you can set them into your air fryer to bake, and forget about them. Talk about a perfect breakfast.
You can use any cake mix you want, from vanilla to carrot.
Some Tips For Making The Perfect Cake Donuts–
- Invest in a good donut pan, I listed several options below. Using a donut pan is so much easier than trying to free form.
- Generously spray the pan with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray, so they don’t stick.
- Allow the donuts to cool before removing them from the pan, otherwise, they will crumble.
Some Great Toppings That You Can Surprise The Family With, Air Fryer Cake Mix Donuts, Can Be Topped with Anything–
- S’mores: Just add some graham cracker crumbs, some dished mini marshmallows, and some mini chocolate chips. Just add a chocolate glaze, to hold it all together.
- Maple Glazed: Just add a homemade maple glaze and for a special treat top it off with air fryer bacon bits.
- Powdered Sugar: A popular option in our house, simple dust some powdered sugar over the donuts.
Some Helpful Products When Making Cake Mix Donuts–
One of the greatest fines that I found for the air fryer, was this silicone donut mold, which is regular size. What I did was cut them out, so they would fit into the air fryer basket.
This is the mini silicone mold, which comes in handy.
When you go about glazing your donuts, the best way to get the glaze to stick is to glaze the donuts, when they are still warm. If you have a cooling rack, as you glaze them, just place them on them, and they add your decorations.
Some Of My Favorite Air Fryer Donut Recipes–
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Easy Cake Mix Donuts
These are really easy donuts, that everyone will enjoy! Add some frosting and sprinkles for a great and easy treat.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Start by making your donut mix, in a large mixing bowl, mix all of the donut ingredients together.
- Pour your batter into the silicone donut molds, and place them into the air fryer basket, St the time for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, and let the donuts cool, before you frost them.
- Then make the glaze, in a small mixing bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together. Then frost the donuts, you can add some sprinkles for some decorations.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer donuts from scratch air fryer donut recipes from scratch air fryer cake donuts air fryer donut holes from scratch air fryer cake donuts from scratch air fryer donuts from scratch no yeast air fryer cake donut recipe air fryer donuts canned biscuits