Looking for an easy dessert that everyone will love? These Air Fryer Cake Mix Donuts are perfect! You can make them with any flavor cake mix, making them the ideal treat for any occasion. Plus, they’re so easy to make that anyone can do it! So what are you waiting for? Get started on this delicious donut today!
These are a great way to make homemade donuts for the entire family and still take a relatively short time. Air fryer cake mix donuts are the perfect solution for most breakfast and desserts.
Every day is better with cake and chocolate; now, you can start your morning off with chocolate cake mix donuts, made right in the air fryer. This morning I topped my donuts off with vanilla frosting and sprinkles. But, you can top them off with anything. The only limitation is your imagination.
My kids love it when I make these for breakfast or a late-night snack. The best thing is once you make the batter, you can set them into your air fryer to bake and forget about them. Talk about a perfect breakfast.
You can use any cake mix you want, from vanilla to carrot.
Ingredients Needed Air Fryer Cake Mix Donuts
- Cake Mix (any type)
- Vegetable Oil
- Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring (Optional)
How To Make Air Fryer Cake Mix Donuts
Start by making your donut mix, in a large mixing bowl, mix all of the donut ingredients together.
Pour your batter into the silicone donut molds, and place them into the air fryer basket, St the time for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Repeat with the remaining batter, and let the donuts cool, before you frost them.
Then make the glaze, in a small mixing bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together. Then frost the donuts, you can add some sprinkles for some decorations.
Some Tips For Making The Perfect Cake Donuts
- Invest in a good donut pan. I listed several options below. Using a donut pan is so much easier than trying to free form.
- Generously spray the pan with olive oil spray or non-stick cooking spray so they don’t stick.
- Allow the donuts to cool before removing them from the pan; otherwise, they will crumble.
Some Great Toppings That You Can Surprise The Family With, Air Fryer Cake Mix Donuts, Can Be Topped with Anything:
- S’mores: Add some graham cracker crumbs, some dished mini marshmallows, and some mini chocolate chips. Just add a chocolate glaze to hold it all together.
- Maple Glazed: Add a homemade maple glaze, and top it off with air fryer bacon bits for a special treat.
- Powdered Sugar: A popular option in our house, dust some powdered sugar over the donuts.
Some Helpful Products When Making Cake Mix Donuts
One of the greatest fines that I found for the air fryer was this silicone donut mold, which is a regular size. What I did was cut them out, so they would fit into the air fryer basket.
This is the mini silicone mold, which comes in handy.
When you go about glazing your donuts, the best way to get the glaze to stick is to glaze the donuts when they are still warm. If you have a cooling rack, as you glaze them, place them on them, and add your decorations.
More Air Fryer Donut Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN DONUT HOLES
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED CHOCOLATE DONUTS
- AIR FRYER BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER PUFF PASTRY DONUTS
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE YEAST DONUTS
Air Fryer Cake Mix Donuts
- 1 box cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Start by making your donut mix, in a large mixing bowl, mix all of the donut ingredients together.
- Pour your batter into the silicone donut molds, and place them into the air fryer basket, St the time for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, and let the donuts cool, before you frost them
- Then make the glaze, in a small mixing bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together. Then frost the donuts, you can add some sprinkles for some decorations.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Donut Mold