Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins — If you love the taste of cinnamon sugar donuts, you’ll love these air fryer cinnamon sugar donut muffins. They are easy to make and so delicious! Plus, they’re a healthy alternative to traditional donuts. So give them a try today!
These are amazing, and what is better is that inside each muffin is a cinnamon sugar donut!! They taste just like donuts! Today, here is my recipe for Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins.
These are the perfect breakfast. You can make them ahead; I usually bake something while cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes. This way, when I wake up, I can brew my coffee and grab a baked good, and head to check my email.
If you love muffins and donuts, this is the recipe for you. They are easy to make, and there is nothing better than a homemade match of Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Homemade Donut Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL BITES, AIR FRYER EASY FUNFETTI CAKE MIX DONUTS, and AIR FRYER RASPBERRY LEMON DONUTS.
What Are Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
Muffins are a classic breakfast food, and there are endless variations to choose from. This cinnamon sugar donut muffins recipe is one of our favorites because it’s easy to make and tastes delicious. These muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast or snack, and they’re also great for bringing to potlucks or parties. Keep reading to learn how to make them!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, egg, milk, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
Spray your muffin tins with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Pour your batter into the muffin cavity about 2/3 way full. Set the muffin pan into the air fryer basket for 12-15 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Mix the cinnamon sugar topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Use room temperature ingredients, as they mix better.
- If you do not want to use milk, use buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt. You can use oat milk, or even almond milk.
- Do not overmix, otherwise your donuts will be dense. Once the dough is mixed, stop mixing.
- Spray your muffins tins well.
- Let the muffins cool before removing them.
If you do not want cinnamon sugar topping, you can easily change it out for a simple powdered sugar dusting.
Other great topping ideas include simple powder sugar icing.
How To Store
If you have any Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins leftover, let them cool to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container. They will last for about 3 to 4 days at room temperature.
It would be best to place the container into the refrigerator for any longer, where it will last for about a week.
How To Freeze
If you want to make a double or triple batch and freeze them later, they freeze very well.
To Freeze: Let cool to room temperature and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer until they are frozen solid.
Remove from the freezer and place into a freezer-safe container or a bag. They will last about 2 to 3 months.
To Use From Frozen: Place the frozen donut muffins on the counter or in the refrigerator until thawed.
More Air Fryer Muffin Recipes:
- AIR FRYER, THE BEST BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- EASY AIR FRYER, CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER, DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Some Helpful Products Used:
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Be sure to tag @ForkToSpoon on Instagram, if you share a picture on Instagram! Let’s get social, you can follow me: on Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or join one of our Facebook Groups: Air Fryer Recipes and Tips
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, egg, milk, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Spray your muffin tins with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour your batter into the muffin cavity about 2/3 way full.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the cinnamon sugar topping ingredients and then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Set the muffin pan into the air fryer basket for 12-15 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Muffin Pan
- Cooking Spray