These are amazing, and what is better is that inside each muffin is a cinnamon sugar donut!! They taste just like donuts! Today, here is my recipe for Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins.
These are the perfect breakfast. You can make them ahead; I usually bake something while cleaning up the kitchen and doing the dishes. This way, when I wake up, I can brew my coffee and grab a baked good, and head to check my email.
If you love muffins and donuts, this is the recipe for you. They are easy to make, and there is nothing better than a homemade match of Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Homemade Donut Recipes, some of my favorites are: AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS, AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL BITES, AIR FRYER EASY FUNFETTI CAKE MIX DONUTS, and AIR FRYER RASPBERRY LEMON DONUTS.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, egg, milk, and melted butter.
Spray your muffin tins with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. Pour your batter into the muffin cavity about 2/3 way full. Set the muffin pan into the air fryer basket for 12-15 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Mix the cinnamon sugar topping ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
Tips For Making The Best Donut Muffins
- Use room temperature ingredients, as they mix better.
- If you do not want to use milk, use buttermilk, sour cream or yogurt.
- Do not overmix, otherwise your donuts will be dense. Once the dough is mixed, stop mixing.
- Spray your muffins tins well.
- Let the muffins cool before removing them.
Some Other Great Toppings:
If you do not want cinnamon sugar as a topping, you can easily change it out for a simple powdered sugar dusting.
Other great topping ideas include: simple powder sugar icing.
How To Store Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
If you have any Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins leftover, let them cool to room temperature and then place in an airtight container. They will last for about 3 to 4 days at room temperature.
It would be best to place the container into the refrigerator for any longer, where it will last for about a week.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
If you want to make a double or triple batch and freeze them for later, they freeze very well.
To Freeze: Let cool to room temperature and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer until they are frozen solid.
Remove from the freezer and place into a freezer-safe container or a freezer-safe bag. They will last about 2 to 3 months.
To Use From Frozen: Place the frozen donut muffins on the counter or in the refrigerator until thawed.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Muffin Recipes–
Some Helpful Products Used in Making, Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins–
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, vanilla extract, egg, milk, and melted butter.
- Spray your muffin tins with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour your batter into the muffin cavity about 2/3 way full.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the cinnamon sugar topping ingredients and then sprinkle on top of the muffins.
- Set the muffin pan into the air fryer basket for 12-15 minutes, at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 403mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g