Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
Here are the simple instructions, so you can make it in your own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Bites
This is such a fun treat for the entire family. My kids absolutely love them, we call them homemade munchkins. I love how easy they are, my kids love how great they taste.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Simply open the package, and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Using your hands, roll each piece into a ball. Then place it on a greased air fryer tray or in a greased air fryer basket (both sprayed with olive oil)
- Set the tray or basket into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 3-5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- As soon as the donuts come out of the air fryer, place them in the melted butter. (Remember to be careful, they are very hot)
- Then roll into the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chocolate donut holes air fryer donuts from scratch no yeast air fryer old fashioned donuts sourdough air fryer donuts air fryer cream filled donuts plated cravings air fry donuts air fryer krispy kreme donuts fryer for donuts