Today, I made a great batch of Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins while the kids start summer vacation!
Who doesn’t love chocolate in the morning? Today’s recipe doesn’t just include one type of chocolate, but rather two, which resulted in pure delight! Served to them with a cold glass of milk, this makes for two happy teens!
If you have not made muffins in the air fryer yet, the air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly cooking them up, so easy, and they come out moist, fluffy, and tender. They are so good!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Muffin Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BERRY CREAM MUFFINS, AIR FRYER BRAN MUFFINS, AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS, and AIR FRYER, BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS.
What Are Double Chocolate Chip Muffins?
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins refers to the fact that you are cooking up these muffins with unsweetened cocoa powder and bittersweet chocolate chips.
The unsweetened cocoa tastes very bitter but gives a great deep chocolate flavor to these muffins.
While the bittersweet chocolate chips give the muffins a sweetness, they perfectly balance each other out. It’s a chocolate lovers’ dream!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Bittersweet Chocolate
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS SCROLL TO THE END –FOR THE RECIPE CARD
How To Make Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
Then mix in the milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Pour the batter into greased muffin tins (or greased silicone muffin cups), filling each cavity about 2/3 way full. Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- For best results, mix by hand; otherwise, the mixer will overmix your muffins, which causes them to be dense. Once everything is mixed together, stop mixing.
- Since every air fryer is slightly different, check on the muffins several times during the cooking process.
- You can use any type of bittersweet chocolate you want; sometimes, I use chips. Sometimes, I use pieces; both will work for this recipe.
- For best results, use a metal muffin tin, as they tend to come out better than silicone muffin cups.
HOW LONG DO THEY LAST?
These are so good, I am sure that they will not be around long. But if you have any, they make great leftovers.
To store, let them cool to room temperature, then place them in a Ziploc bag, where they will stay for about 3 to 5 days. They do not need to be refrigerated.
HOW TO FREEZE THEM
This is a great recipe to make a double, or even triple batch. As they freeze so well.
To Freeze: Let them cool to room temperature, and then wrap them individually in plastic wrap and then a couple of layers of foil. Place them in a freezer bag, and then place them into the freezer.
They will last for 2 to 3 months. To use from frozen, let them thaw on the counter or in the refrigerator.
WHAT MUFFIN TINS TO USE IN THE AIR FRYER
When I started my adventures in Air Frying Muffins, there were not many options out there, and I ended up baking them in silicone muffin cups. Which were great, but sometimes they fell over. So, as the air frying world grew, I ended up ordering a few muffin tins for the air fryer.
Depending on your air fryer, ovens will fit larger pans, and the basket will usually handle the muffin tin with 4 cavities.
Here are some of my favorites. Check your air fryer size before ordering: (affiliate links included)
Some Other Great Air Fryer Muffin Recipes-
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S BANANA BREAD MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MUG CAKE
- EASY AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER BRAN MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- EASY AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- Then mix in the milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins (or greased silicone muffin cups), filling each cavity about 2/3 way full.
- Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 478Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 719mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 11g