Think of this, you are brewing your favorite cup of coffee, and you think, wow I really think a nice light pastry would go with this. You look in your freezer or refrigerator and find a package of Pepperidge puff pastry dough. And a donut plan is racing through your mind.
If you have not prepared homemade donuts in the air fryer yet, this is one of the simplest recipes for Air Fryer Puff Pastry Donuts.
Before I had an air fryer, I made these some websites refer to them as Cronuts. I never figured out why. I am sure that is a great reason behind it.
About Puff Pastry
Working with a puff pastry is very easy. If you can not find it, it is located in the freezer section near the frozen bread section. The only brand I have ever seen is Pepperidge Farms so if you have an outlet in your area, maybe that would be a great start to find some.
This recipe calls for refrigerated or thawed dough. Working with cold puff pastry dough is easier, as it is easier to cut. The dough needs to be completely defrosted before using it.
Making The Donuts Ahead Of Time:
While these donuts can be made ahead of time, they are really at their peak, a few minutes taken out of the air fryer. If you have any uneaten air-fried donuts, place them in a sealed container, and eat within a day.
If you have any unbaked extra dough simply place it in a sealed Ziploc bag or airtight container. Try to use in the next day or so, as once the dough is cut, it does not last long.
I do not recommend cutting the dough and placing it in the refrigerator, as they dry out quickly.
Tips for Making Donuts in the Air Fryer:
- Do not crowd the air fryer.
- They need the air circulating around them to fully rise.
- Dip them immediately after they are done air frying, just be careful, because they are really hot.
Other Air Fryer Donut Recipes
- Puff pastry, defrosted
- Melted butter
- Ground cinnamon
Here Are The Simple Instructions, For Making Air Fryer Puff Pastry Donuts–
Helpful Products to Make Donuts in the Air Fryer (affiliate links included)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Puff Pastry Air Fryer Donuts
This is one of the easiest and tastiest donuts you can make int he air fryer, with the help of puff pastry, which is really easy to find in the freezer department of your local grocery store, you can create donuts for your family in a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Start by laying out the defrosted puff pastry on a flat surface.
- Then use your biscuit cutter and cut out the larger circle.
- Continue to cut out all of the circles, until you run out of puff pastry.
- Then use the smaller biscuit cutter and cut the middle out. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- As you cut them out, place them on a greased air fryer basket or greased air fryer tray.
- Then crack the egg, and place it into a small bowl. Use a fork to beat the egg.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the puff pastry.
- Place the air fryer basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 330 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- In one bowl, add the melted butter, and in another both mix the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Then dip the donuts into melted butter and then into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: puff pastry donuts in air fryer frozen puff pastry in air fryer air fryer jelly donuts air fryer recipes air fryer fried dough chinese donuts in air fryer air fryer krispy kreme donuts air fryer donuts with crescent rolls