Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
Here are the simple instructions, so you can make it in your own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Puff Pastry Air Fryer Donuts
This is one of the easiest and tastiest donuts you can make int he air fryer, with the help of puff pastry, which is really easy to find in the freezer department of your local grocery store, you can create donuts for your family in a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Start by laying out the defrosted puff pastry on a flat surface.
- Then use your biscuit cutter and cut out the larger circle.
- Continue to cut out all of the circles, until you run out of puff pastry.
- Then use the smaller biscuit cutter and cut the middle out. Repeat until all the dough is used up.
- As you cut them out, place them on a greased air fryer basket or greased air fryer tray.
- Then crack the egg, and place it into a small bowl. Use a fork to beat the egg.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash over the puff pastry.
- Place the air fryer basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 330 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- In one bowl, add the melted butter, and in another both mix the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Then dip the donuts into melted butter and then into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: puff pastry donuts in air fryer frozen puff pastry in air fryer air fryer jelly donuts air fryer recipes air fryer fried dough chinese donuts in air fryer air fryer krispy kreme donuts air fryer donuts with crescent rolls