Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
There are only two tools that you really need is a good solid cutting board and a set of biscuit cutters, both come in handy as you work through recipes with your Air Fryer.
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer, Mini Boston Cream Donuts
These are one of the easiest donuts to make, but absolutely full of flavor. My kids can’t get enough of these, I love that they are so easy to make, we gave even have them for a late-night dessert.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 donuts 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package mini-biscuits (dairy department)
- 1 package vanilla pudding, already made (dairy department or cooking aisle)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by spraying your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil.
- Prepare the biscuit dough for the air fryer.
- Place your biscuit dough (I needed to do it in 2 batches, as you don’t want them crowded)
- Set the temperature to 330 degrees F, for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, check and see if the donuts are golden brown and cooked through. If they are remove the biscuits, place on a cutting board and place the second batch in the air fryer basket (If not add 1 minute)
- Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, butter (melted), vanilla and milk. Mix well, until everything is well blended.
- Cut the donut in half and spoon prepared vanilla pudding inside the donuts.
- Wait a few minutes, until the donuts are cooled, and then spread the chocolate frosting on the donuts.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: boston cream donut recipe air fryer donuts baked boston cream donut bavarian cream donut recipe keto boston cream donut cream filled donuts chocolate cream for donuts vegan boston cream donut calories