This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
There are only two tools that you really need is a good solid cutting board and a set of biscuit cutters, both come in handy as you work through recipes with your Air Fryer.
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Any fan of Nutella will lvoe these, they were a quick snack. I added some diced pistachios on top, for a crunchy bite.
- 1 package grand biscuits
- diced pistachios
- Layout the buttermilk biscuits. Use a biscuit cutter to cut the middle of your donut out.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray, so they don’t stick.
- Place the biscuits into the air fryer basket.
- Air Fry for 7 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- When your donuts come out of the air fryer (I did two batches) place them on a plate, and then sprinkle the powdered sugar over them.
- Use a piping bag or plastic bag, (cut the corner off) and pipe the Nutella into the donut.
- Drizzle Nutella over the donut, and sprinkle with crushed pistachios.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: recipes for vortex plus air fryer instant pot vortex recipes recipes for the vortex air fryer vortex pro recipes instant pot air fryer donuts vortex cookbook