Air Fryer Apple Fritters –Everyone loves apples, especially as the fall weather starts to sneak upon us. I love using fresh apples in almost everything.
There is something magical about the aroma of diced apples, melted butter, and ground cinnamon filling your kitchen. Today, I present to you Air Fryer Apple Fritters.
These pair really well as a fall afternoon snack with a cup of hot cider or a hot cup of coffee.
These are so simple that they make a perfect afternoon snack. Next week, I will make the homemade version, so stay tuned if you are looking for those.
So, if you never heard of an apple fritter or even a fritter before, here is some great information, which will acquaint you with the fritter.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Apple Desserts, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BOMBS, AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES, AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES.
What Exactly Is A Fritter?
A fritter is typically a stuffed dough with some fruit add-ins and then deep-fried in oil. They are really popular as fried doughnuts in the south. Fritters are typically served with a glaze. They make a mean breakfast in the South with a hot cup of coffee.
Can I Make Apple Fritters In The Air Fryer?
Yes! You most certainly can, and if you have not baked in the air fryer, you will never get a more delicious dessert, breakfast, or baked good as when you bake it in the Air Fryer!
Baked Goods Come Out truly Amazing!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Baking Powder
- All Pie Spice
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Fritters
Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and spray it lightly with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and apple pie spice. Whisk to combine. Add the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla and whisk to combine– mix just until no large lumps of flour remain. You don’t want to overmix. Add the apples and fold them in gently.
Scoop 1-2 tablespoon balls onto the parchment-lined air fryer basket. Bake the fritters at 365 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 7-9 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the outside.
- I have made this recipe several times over the years in different air fryer models, baskets and ovens. The recipe will work the same. I have made the Air Fryer Apple Fritters in the Air Fryer Ninja Foodi, Instnast POt Votex, GoWise, PowerXl, and other air fryer basket and oven models. The recipe will work the same. The time may vary by a few minutes.
- The most important ingredient for this recipe is the apples. You really want a lot of apples in the apple fritter. I used one apple, but if you want to add more, that’s fine.
- Feel free to add even more spice, especially for those fall days. Add some ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and even pumpkin spice.
- Let the apple fritters cool slightly before serving.
- For a topping, you can add ground cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and coat the apple fritters in it, or drizzle it with simple powdered sugar and milk icing.
HOW DO YOU GET THEM REALLY CRISP?
I like a great apple fritter which is a bit crisper than other pastries that I make. As they cook more, you will notice that they are crispier and less like a soft pastry. So, the longer that you cook (air fry) them, the crispier they will get.
It really depends if you are going for a crisp Air Fryer Apple Fritters or a soft and warm pastry. But the longer you cook it, the crispier the pastry will end up.
WHAT APPLES ARE BEST FOR APPLE FRITTERS?
This is a great recipe for after anytime you bring the family apple picking since you really can use any apple.
You are looking for a really fresh apple for this recipe, no mushy apples; otherwise, your dough will turn out mushy. So, use the Granny Smith, Red Delicious, Gala, Fuji, or even Honeycrisp apples. The recipe will work the same.
CAN YOU MAKE THEM AHEAD OF TIME?
I love eating warm Air Fryer Apple Fritters with my morning coffee, but you can make these ahead of time and then reheat them in the microwave or Air Fryer right before serving.
If you have any leftovers, place them into an airtight container and keep them at room temperature for 1-2 days. Place them into the refrigerator for any longer, where they will last for about 3 to 4 days. As they get older, they will start to dry out.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Pastry Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON CHURRO BITES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT CINNAMON TACO BELL DELIGHTS
- EASY AIR FRYER RASPBERRY HAND PIES
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER, LEMON CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER, APPLE DANISH CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER, CHERRY THUMBPRINT BISCUITS
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice (see notes)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, diced (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper and spray it lightly with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and apple pie spice. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla and whisk to combine-- mix just until no large lumps of flour remain. You don’t want to overmix.
4. Add the apples and fold them in gently.
5. Scoop 1-2 tablespoon balls onto the parchment-lined air fryer basket.
6. Bake the fritters at 365 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 7-9 minutes, or until they are golden brown on the outside.
7.Enjoy warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.
Glaze (optional): Combine 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon of milk, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk
to combine and drizzle over the fritters.
If you don’t have apple pie spice, you can use ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
If you don’t have buttermilk, milk will work as well!
These fritters are also delicious served with apple butter!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.