Air Fryer Apple Fritters — Looking for a delicious and easy dessert? Look no further than these Air Fryer Apple Fritters!
These fritters are perfect for a quick and easy snack or dessert. The best part is that they’re made with fresh apples, which are healthy and delicious. Give this recipe a try today! Nothing is better on a Saturday morning than a plate of great apple fritters.
This might become your favorite air fryer dessert and a game-changer!
Easy Air Fryer Apple Fritters
Everyone loves apples, especially as the fall weather starts to sneak into us. I love using fresh apples in almost everything.
There is something magical about the aroma of diced apples, melted butter, and ground cinnamon filling your kitchen. Today, I present Air Fryer Apple Fritters to you—these pair well as a fall afternoon snack with hot cider or coffee.
These are so simple that they make a perfect afternoon snack. Next week, I will make the homemade version, so stay tuned if you are looking for those.
So, if you never heard of an apple fritter or even a fritter before, here is some great information, which will acquaint you with the fritter.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Apple Desserts, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BOMBS, AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES, AIR FRYER APPLE PIE EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES.
Why You Will Love This Recipe!
You will love this recipe for Air Fryer Apple Fritters for several irresistible reasons:
- Irresistible Apple Flavor: These apple fritters are bursting with fresh apples’ natural sweetness and tartness, creating a delightful apple pie-like taste in every bite.
- Crispy on the Outside, Fluffy on the Inside: The air fryer achieves the perfect texture – a crispy, golden-brown exterior that gives way to a soft and fluffy interior, making each fritter incredibly satisfying.
- Healthier Alternative: Unlike traditional deep-fried fritters, these are air-fried, which means they are significantly lower in oil and calories. You can enjoy a guilty pleasure with less guilt.
- Quick and Easy: This recipe is quick and straightforward, allowing you to whip up a batch of apple fritters in no time. It’s a perfect treat for busy mornings or unexpected dessert cravings.
- Family Favorite: Apple fritters are a universally loved treat that appeals to kids and adults. They make for an excellent breakfast, brunch, or dessert option that everyone can enjoy.
- Versatile Dessert: Serve these fritters warm with powdered sugar, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. They are versatile and complement a variety of toppings.
- Homemade Goodness: Making apple fritters from scratch allows you to control the quality of ingredients and tailor the flavors to your liking. You’ll savor the authentic taste of homemade treats.
- Great for Seasonal Apples: If you have an abundance of apples during the fall season, this recipe is a perfect way to showcase their flavors.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether it’s a cozy weekend breakfast, a special brunch, or a delightful dessert, these Air Fryer Apple Fritters are a delightful addition to any occasion.
- Addictively Delicious: Once you try one, it’s hard to stop – they are truly addictively delicious and may become your new favorite sweet treat.
Prepare to be delighted by the warm, comforting, and indulgent flavors of Air Fryer Apple Fritters. They are easy to make and a wonderful way to enjoy the comforting taste of apple pie in a delightful fried package.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Fritters
These Air Fryer Apple Fritters are a delightful treat that captures the essence of autumn with the sweet and tangy flavors of fresh apples.
Made with a handful of simple ingredients and a hint of warm spices, they are the perfect combination of crispy, fluffy, and utterly delicious. With each bite, you’ll savor the comforting taste of apple pie in a convenient and healthier air-fried package.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- All-Purpose Flour: Flour serves as the base for the fritter batter, helping to bind all the ingredients together.
- Granulated Sugar: Sugar adds sweetness to the batter, balancing the tartness of the apples.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is the leavening agent that gives the fritters a light and fluffy texture.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon infuses the fritters with warm, comforting spice and complements the apple flavor beautifully.
- Milk: Regular Milk adds moisture to the batter, ensuring the fritters are tender and not overly dry. You can use whole milk, almond milk, or oat milk.
- Large Eggs: The eggs help bind the batter and structure the fritters.
- Sweet Apples: Fresh apples are the show’s star, adding natural sweetness and tartness to the fritters. Choose crisp and flavorful apple varieties like Granny Smith Apples or Honeycrisp.
- Oil Spray: Use cooking spray or a piece of parchment paper to prevent the apple fritters from sticking to the air fryer basket.
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Fritters Recipe
Making Air Fryer Apple Fritters is a breeze! Follow these simple steps to whip up a batch of these delicious treats:
- Prepare the Apples:
- Peel, core, and finely dice the apples. You can use varieties like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp for a nice balance of sweetness and tartness.
- Make the Batter:
- Combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add Wet Ingredients:
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients:
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until you have a smooth batter. Don’t overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Fold in Apples:
- Gently fold the diced apples into the batter until they are evenly distributed.
- Shape the Fritters:
- Line the basket of your air fryer with parchment paper. Drop portions of the batter into the preheated air fryer basket using a spoon or cookie scoop, leaving some space between each fritter. You can shape them into rounds using the back of the spoon.
- Air Fry:
- Lightly spray the tops of the fritters with cooking oil spray. This will help them achieve a golden-brown color.
- Air fry the fritters at 350°F (175°C) for 8-10 minutes. Check them at the 6-minute mark and continue cooking until golden and cooked through. The exact time may vary depending on your air fryer model.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar:
- Once the fritters are done, remove them from the air fryer and let them cool for a few minutes. Dust them with powdered sugar for a sweet finish.
- Serve Warm:
- Enjoy your homemade Air Fryer Apple Fritters while still warm for the best taste and texture.
These Air Fryer Apple Fritters are a delightful treat perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet snack. Their crispy exterior and soft apple-filled interior make them an irresistible treat for any occasion.
Recipe Variations Air-Fried Apple Fritters
While classic Air Fryer Apple Fritters are delicious, you can get creative with variations to suit your taste preferences. Here are some recipe variations to consider:
- Glazed Apple Fritters: Mix powdered sugar with milk or water to prepare a simple glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the warm fritters for an extra layer of sweetness.
- Apple Cider Glaze Fritters: Replace some or all of the milk in the batter with apple cider for an extra apple flavor boost.
- Spiced Apple Fritters: Add a pinch of cloves or ginger to the batter for a spicier kick.
- Nutty Apple Fritters: Mix chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans into the batter for added texture and flavor.
- Caramel Apple Fritters: Drizzle caramel sauce over the fritters instead of powdered sugar for a decadent twist.
- Apple Fritter Muffins: Use the same batter to make apple fritter muffins. Fill muffin cups halfway with batter, add diced apples, and top with more batter. Air fry until golden brown.
- .Apple Fritter Rings: Instead of dropping spoonfuls of batter, dip apple slices into the batter and air fry them as apple fritter rings.
- Healthy Apple Fritters: Use whole wheat flour or a flour blend for a healthier version. You can also reduce the sugar or use a sugar substitute.
- Apple Fritter Sundaes: For an indulgent dessert, serve warm apple fritters with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup or caramel sauce.
Feel free to mix and match these variations to create your own unique Air Fryer Apple Fritters recipe. Whether you prefer glazed, spiced, or with a twist, these fritters satisfy your cravings for a delightful apple treat.
Pro Tips For Delicious Apple Fritters
To ensure your Air Fryer Apple Fritter Recipe turns out fabulous every time, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Use Fresh Apples: Opt for fresh and firm apples for the best flavor and texture. Varieties like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp work well due to their balanced sweet-tart flavor.
- Dice Apples Uniformly: When dicing the apples, aim for uniform-sized pieces to ensure even cooking and distribution throughout the fritters.
- Don’t Overmix the Batter: Overmixing the batter can result in tough fritters. Stir until the wet and dry ingredients are just combined, leaving a few lumps is perfectly fine.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer ensures the fritters start cooking immediately, helping them achieve a crispy exterior.
- Use Cooking Oil Spray: Lightly spraying the tops of the fritters with cooking oil helps them brown evenly and develop a crispy crust.
- Don’t Overcrowd the Basket: Leave enough space between the fritters in the air fryer basket to allow proper air circulation. This ensures they cook evenly.
- Check for Doneness: Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model, so keep a close eye on the fritters. They should be golden brown and cooked through. Use a toothpick to check the center for doneness; it should come out clean.
- Serve Warm: Air Fryer Apple Fritters are best enjoyed fresh and warm. Serve them immediately for the perfect combination of crispy and tender.
- Customize Toppings: Get creative with toppings. Aside from powdered sugar, consider drizzling with glaze, caramel sauce, or a dusting of cinnamon.
- Experiment with Spices: Adjust the level of cinnamon and nutmeg to suit your taste. You can also add a pinch of spices like cloves or ginger for extra flavor depth.
- Make Ahead: If you need to make them, you can reheat fritters in the air fryer for a few minutes to regain their crispiness.
- Enjoy Variations: Try out different recipe variations, such as adding nuts, changing up the sugar, or using apple cider for a unique twist.
By following these pro tips, you’ll master the art of making fabulous Air Fryer Apple Fritters that are crispy, flavorful, and simply irresistible.
Can I use any type of apple for apple fritters? Yes, you can use various apple varieties for fritters. Crisp apples like Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples are popular choices due to their balance of sweetness and tartness. However, you can experiment with your favorite apple variety.
Can I make the batter ahead of time and store it? It’s best to make the batter just before frying the fritters. The baking powder’s leavening effect starts when mixed with wet ingredients, so the batter may lose some of its rising power if prepared too far in advance.
How do I store leftover apple fritters? Let the delicious applet fritters cool to room temperature before storing them. Store any leftover apple fritters in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes to restore their crispiness.
Can I freeze apple fritters for later? Yes, you can freeze apple fritters. Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. To reheat, air fry the frozen fritters for a few minutes until heated through.
Can I use whole wheat flour for a healthier option? Yes, you can substitute part or all of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour for a healthier twist. Keep in mind that whole wheat flour may yield slightly denser fritters.
What other toppings can I use besides powdered sugar? You can get creative with toppings. Try drizzling them with glaze, caramel sauce, or chocolate sauce. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or a dash of cinnamon for added flavor and texture.
Can I make mini apple fritters for bite-sized treats? Absolutely! Use a smaller scoop or spoon to portion the batter, and you can create mini apple fritters for bite-sized snacking or serving at parties.
Can I use a different fruit besides apples? While this recipe is tailored for apple fritters, you can experiment with other fruits, like pears or peaches, to create unique fritter variations.
Do I need to peel the apples? It’s a matter of personal preference. Peeling the apples results in a smoother texture, but leaving the peel on can add extra color and a bit of texture to the fritters.
Can I make these fritters without an air fryer?– If you don’t have an air fryer, you can make traditional apple fritters by heating oil in a deep pan or deep fryer and frying them until golden brown on each side.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON CHURRO BITES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT CINNAMON TACO BELL DELIGHTS
- EASY AIR FRYER RASPBERRY HAND PIES
- AIR FRYER APPLE PIE CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER, LEMON CHEESECAKE CRESCENT ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER, APPLE DANISH CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CRESCENT ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Apple Fritters
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, apples, peeled, cored, seeded and chopped into small piece
- In a bowl beat the eggs and sugar together. Add the flour, baking powder andcinnamon and with the help of a spatula stir until incorporated.
- Slowly, pour the milk, mixing well until the batter is thick but spreadable.
- Add the apple and fold into the dough.
- Line the air fryer with parchment paper and scoop around ⅓ cup dough into it. Spray withbutter cooking spray. Air fry at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray