My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and chocolaty, who doesn’t love chocolate.
This morning, I used my new Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer, which I purchased additional trays for, I found these too at Amazon and ordered them, they work perfectly, as you can see from the picture. So, if you need additional accessories for the Vortex, you can find them here:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
These are perfect for a quick breakfast, or a quick snack. Or just something you make to impress your guests, I love mine with a hot cup of coffee. This is so much easier than the typical cherry crescent ring, and feel free to add a tablespoon of softened cream cheese to each croissant, to get a cream cheese-filled croissant.
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- Start by rolling out your dough, I use a cutting board since it’s level.
- Then place one tablespoon of filling in the center of the dough.
- As you roll them up, place them in your air fryer basket or tray. ( I greased my tray with olive oil, so they wouldn’t stick)
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 5 minutes. After they come out of the air fryer, if you want to place the icing on them let them cool slightly (about 5 minutes)
- I mixed some icing and spread them on, I used powdered sugar and milk, just mix about 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1, a tablespoon of milk, mix until it’s the right consistency (think glue)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!