Air Fryer Bavarian Cream Donuts — The air fryer is quickly becoming one of the most popular kitchen appliances. From healthy chips to fried chicken, people are adopting this new way of cooking. If you’re not sure what an air fryer is or how it works, keep on reading! We’ll go over some recipes and tips for using your own air fryer so you can get started cooking right away.
Air Fryer Bavarian Cream Donuts are amazing. Within a few short minutes, you can have the perfect donut, an amazing way to start your morning, or a great way to end your day, a great dessert.
When it comes to donuts the air fryer does an amazing job. Light, tender and flaky, everything you want in a donut!
This donut has it all, a rich chocolate icing, and a warm and creamy filling, while all prepared in less than 25 minutes from start to finish! Talk about a baker’s dream.
If you have never made homemade or semi-homemade donuts before, here are some of my favorite air fryer donut recipes, AIR FRYER SOUR CREAM DONUTS, AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DONUTS, EASY AIR FRYER BAKED CHOCOLATE DONUTS, and AIR FRYER BAKED CINNAMON SUGAR DONUTS.
Bavarian Cream Donuts
If you have never had a traditional Bavarian Cream Donut before, they are similar to the Boston Kreme Donuts.
The filling has a slightly different texture than the Boston Cream Donuts. The Bavarian Cream Donut includes a heavier filling, while the Boston Cream resembles more like a vanilla pudding.
Traditionally, Bavarian Cream Donuts are served with powdered sugar, but today I went the other route and included a chocolate glaze.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bavarian Cream Donuts
- Vanilla Bean Pudding
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Whole Milk
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- Biscuit Dough
- Melted Chocolate
How To Make Air Fryer Bavarian Cream Donuts
Prepare Bavarian cream. Add pudding mix, heavy cream, creamer, whole milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat on high speed until thickened.
Add the Bavarian cream to a frosting bag, or use a Ziplock and cut the corner.
Remove biscuit dough and roll each circle out to ¼” thick. Gently squeeze the frosting bag to add 2 tablespoons of Bavarian cream to the center of the biscuit.
Bring the edges of the dough over the cream to the center and pinch to seal.
Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add donuts to the basket and cook in a single layer for 6 to 8 minutes.
Remove the donuts from the basket and let cool for about 5 minutes
To Melt the chocolate: Place a glass mixing bowl into a saucepan with 3” of water over medium heat. Cook, often stirring until chocolate is smooth, about 5 minutes.
*optional* Use a knife to make a small hole in the side of the donut. Place the tip of the frosting bag into the donut and pinch to fill a bit more.
Dip the tops of the donuts into melted chocolate and use a spatula to evenly spread the chocolate. Let the chocolate set, about 2 minutes.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
WHAT TO DO WITH THE HOLES LEFT FROM BISCUIT DOUGH
Don’t throw away the donut holes you cut in the biscuits. Save them and cook them all at once in the air fryer as well. They are bite-size donuts that melt in your mouth. The cooking time will be less as it is a smaller size. Just keep an eye on your donut holes, and pull out when they are looking done.
- You can use a small shot glass or anything round to make the center hole if you don’t have a cookie-cutter.
- Make sure to leave space between each donut so they cook evenly in the air fryer.
Feel free to check on the donuts, and flip to ensure they are cooking evenly. Depending on how your air fryer cooks, you might need to extend or pull donuts at a different time than in the recipe card.
- Feel free to change up the glaze if you want a different flavor.
- Cook extra donuts and just place the cooked donuts on a cooling rack in a single layer to prevent donuts from sogging up.
CAN YOU USE FROZEN DOUGH FOR THESE DONUTS?
Yes, I have had similar results with Pillsbury Frozen Biscuits and generic frozen biscuits.
STORING LEFTOVER DONUTS
You will find these donuts are best when served warm and fresh. But if you have extras, go ahead and let your donuts cool and then store them in an airtight container.
You can store your donuts at room temperature on the counter for a day or two. Or you can freeze your donuts as well. The donuts will freeze for up to 2-3 months when stored properly.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Donut Recipes-
- EASY CINNAMON SUGAR AIR FRYER DONUT HOLES
- AIR FRYER SOUR CREAM DONUTS
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS
- EASY AIR FRYER FRUITY PEBBLES DONUTS
- AIR FRYER SAFE DONUT PANS
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Air Fryer Bavarian Cream Donuts
- 1 package vanilla bean pudding
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla coffee creamer
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 package biscuit dough
- 4 ounces chocolate, semi-sweet
- Prepare bavarian cream. Add pudding mix, heavy cream, creamer, whole milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Beat on high speed until thickened.
- Add bavarian cream to a frosting bag, or use a ziplock and cut the corner.
- Remove biscuit dough and roll each circle out to ¼” thick.
- Gently squeeze the frosting bag to add 2 tbsp of bavarian cream to the center of the biscuit. Bring the edges of the dough over the cream to the center and pinch to seal.
- Preheat air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Add the donuts to the basket and cook in a single layer for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from the basket and let cool for 5 minutes.
- To Melt the chocolate. Place a glass mixing bowl into a saucepan with 3” of water over medium heat. Cook, often stirring until chocolate is smooth, about 5 minutes.
- *Optional* Use a knife to make a small hole in the side of the donut. Place the tip of the frosting bag into the donut and pinch to fill a bit more.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into melted chocolate and use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly. Let the chocolate set, about 2 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional