This is one of the greatest baking hacks, I have come across in recent history, the donut making started innocently enough, when I was experimenting with my air fryer, and remembered my mother baking these in a skillet, and I thought why not?
My kids were pretty happy as was I since I found a new and easy breakfast food.
These donuts are great, you do not need to play with flour or yeast, and you can get them to your table in about 7 minutes. More if you are frosting and decorating them. This also saves you a stop at Dunkin Donuts (my favorite, since I am a Boston gal) and my husband’s favorite Krispy Kreme (since he is a Mid-western guy)
My mother was a great baker, she baked every evening so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late.
My kids have the same problem, we are always running late. My youngest son commutes half an hour to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, in the car, while my husband is driving him. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Pans, I had a hard time finding pans that fit, but then one day, I ran around this amazing, which even includes a muffin tin, talk about a score!
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is one of the easiest and best recipes for all new air fryer owners to start with. I highly recommend it. for anyone new with any air fryer. The results will convince you that an air fryer can cook anything.
- 1 package flaky biscuits (it makes a difference)
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4–5 tablespoons milk
- Start by laying the biscuits on a cutting board.
- Then use your biscuit cutter, to cut the hole in the middle.
- As you cut the hole out in the middle, place them on the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Set either the air fryer basket or tray into the air fryer, set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Let the donuts slightly cool, while you make the glaze, mix the powdered sugar and milk into a small bowl, add milk, until the consistency is like that of glue since you want it to adhere to the donuts.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze, let set for a couple of minutes, before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Glazed Donuts, Homemade Donuts, Biscuit Donuts, Easy Air Fryer Recipes