It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
To store zucchini:
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
This is a recipe that my mother made when we were children, it was truly the only way, I would eat zucchini, I love it, it’s a wonderful childhood memory, that I was able to pass down to my own children. I hope you and yours enjoy it, as much as I did.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Cheesy Baked Zucchini Casserole
This is a really easy side dish, my mother used to make this, when I was a child, and I would always wait for a slice, to go with my dinner. Or I would eat it as a light lunch, it is delicious.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Baking mix or Bisquick
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Start by cutting your zucchini, into small pieces.
- Finish chopping up the zucchini, until you have 3 cups (I used 3 small)
- Then chop up the onion.
- Add your spices (salt, pepper, parsley and oregano)
- Mix it all together.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the vegetable oil.
- Mix in the baking mix.
- Mix in the cheese, and mix everything together.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased, air fryer safe pan.
- Set your temperature for 320 degrees F.
- Set the time for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, look at your casserole. Does it look cooked? Mine was cooked and I removed. If you need more time, add some. Otherwise, remove and let cool, slightly.
- Plate, Serve and Enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer breakfast casserole chicken casserole in air fryer egg casserole in air fryer cheesy zucchini bake air fryer recipes air fryer chicken casserole recipes air fryer breakfast recipes what to cook in air fryer