It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out.
Technically zucchini is a squash, it has origins all over the world, and likewise, zucchini is cooked differently in all parts of the world, from the Italian who serve it deep-fried, deep flower fritters to Turkey, where they make zucchini pancakes. It can be added to any recipe for a healthier spin on it.
When you are purchasing zucchini, here are some things to be on the lookout for:
- Zucchini should be about 6 inches long, one-two inches wide.
- Firm and shiny skin without blemishes
- Ideally, the steam should be attached.
To store zucchini:
Keep in the refrigerator for about 4-5 days, longer than that the zucchini will start to wilt. Zucchini also can be frozen, in order to freeze, slice, then boil for about 2 minutes, then plunge into cold water. Then seal in an airtight container. Frozen zucchini can be kept for about one year.
This is a recipe that my mother made when we were children, it was truly the only way, I would eat zucchini, I love it, it’s a wonderful childhood memory, that I was able to pass down to my own children. I hope you and yours enjoy it, as much as I did.
Here are the simple steps, so you can make it in your very own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
It is officially zucchini season, and I love zucchini. Zucchini is a great versatile vegetable that you can do almost anything to, and it usually tastes amazing. If you haven’t tried air-fried or grilled zucchini, you are so missing out. Today, I made some easy zucchini pizza bites.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Start by slicing your zucchini into slices that are about 1/4 inch thick. Then sprinkle some salt on top. Place them in the air fryer for about 3 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Then carefully remove the tray or the basket from the air fryer, marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheeses on top.
- Place the tray or basket back into the air fryer and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 3-4 minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!