Air Fryer Frozen Okra is one of the easiest side dishes you can make in the Air Fryer, and from start to finish, it’s done within 10 minutes.
There is nothing like fried okra that makes it a great summer dish!
If you have loved your Air Fryer as much as I love mine, you know by now that roasting vegetables in the Air Fryer is amazing! They are so good.
Another great option is the use of frozen vegetables in the Air Fryer. I have done so many, and today’s dish is Air Fryer Frozen Okra. There is nothing better than a great frozen vegetable side dish, and most of them do amazingly well in the air fyrer.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE VEGETABLE SKEWERS, AIR FRYER SNOW PEAS, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS
What is Okra?
Okra is a southern vegetable. Growing up, we did not eat it. I am not sure if it was because I was from New England or my mother was from Italy.
Either way, Okra is a great vegetable. You can either batter it or fry it up as it is. Today, I used a frozen version of the popular vegetable.
Okra is characterized as a green long vegetable with seeds inside of it. The seeds are perfectly edible.
Okra is perfect for you, rich in magnesium, folate, fiber, antioxidants, and rich in Vitamins C, K1, and A.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Okra
- Frozen Okra (Either breaded or not breaded)
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Air Fryer Frozen Okra
Pour the frozen Okra into the Air Fryer Basket, spread it out, so it’s an even one layer of okra. Spray with cooking spray.
Air Fry for 7 to 9 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shaking frequently during the cooking process.
Some Pro Tips
- For best results, keep the okra frozen before adding it to the air fryer basket. Frozen vegetables tend to air fry up better when they start frozen.
- Spray your okra with some cooking spray which will help them crisp up.
- Season right before serving with your favorite seasonings. I use salt and black pepper.
- Since all air fryers cook a bit differently, I recommend watching your air fryer during the cooking process.
- My okra did not stick to the air fryer basket, therefore I did not spray my basket first.
How To Store Air Fryer Frozen Okra
If you have any leftover okra, let it cool to room temperature, and then add it to an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator.
It will last for about 2 to 3 days. After that dispose of it.
To Reheat Air Fryer Okra
If you want to reheat your leftover okra in your Air Fryer, set it in the basket, and then reheat for 5 to 8 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Season before serving.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS ASPARAGUS
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS STUFFED JALAPENOS
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES
- AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS SWEET POTATOES
- AIR FRYER TOSTONES FRIED PLANTAINS
- 1 Package Frozen Okra, Breaded or Plain
- Cooking Spray
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Pour the frozen Okra into the Air Fryer Basket, spread it out, so it's an even one layer of okra. Spray with cooking spray.
- Air Fry for 7 to 9 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shaking frequently during the cooking process.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!