Air Fryer Frozen Artichokes This is a fantastic recipe; it is so easy and absolutely delicious. You can make a simple side dish or appetizer that the entire family will love with a few ingredients.
Since I first made my Air Fryer Artichokes every has been asking me for more Artichocke recipes. I never realized that they were so popular until then. The artichoke is low-carb and KETO-friendly; nothing is better than air-fried vegetables.
I used to love these roasted when my dad would make them on the grill, but with the air fryer, you don’t even need to leave your kitchen, and they’ve done amazingly quickly.
Can You Air Fry Frozen Arichokes?
Yes, you can air fry frozen artichokes. Air frying is a convenient method for cooking frozen artichokes because it can help them become crispy on the outside while retaining a tender interior.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Artichokes
These simple ingredients create a delicious and crispy snack or appetizer when cooked in the air fryer. Enjoy experimenting with different seasonings to suit your taste!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Frozen Artichoke Hearts: These are the dish’s main ingredient and star. Frozen artichoke hearts are convenient and easy to prepare, making them a versatile addition to various recipes.
- Olive Oil (Optional): Olive oil can be drizzled over the frozen artichoke hearts before air frying to help them become crispy. It adds a subtle flavor and enhances the texture.
- Seasonings of Your Choice: You can use a variety of seasonings to enhance the flavor of the artichokes. Common choices include garlic powder, salt, pepper, and any other herbs or spices you prefer.
How To Cook Frozen Artichokes In Air Fryer
Air frying frozen artichokes is a quick and convenient method to enjoy their delicious flavor and crispy texture. Adjust the seasonings to your liking, and enjoy this tasty treat as a snack or appetizer.
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature for frozen vegetables, typically around 375°F (190°C). Preheating ensures even cooking.
Prepare the Artichokes: Place the frozen artichoke hearts in a bowl and let them sit at room temperature for a few minutes to thaw partially. This step is optional but can help the artichokes cook more evenly.
Season the Artichokes: If desired, drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the artichoke hearts to help them crisp up. You can also season them with garlic powder, salt, pepper, or any other seasonings you prefer. Toss to coat evenly.
Arrange in the Air Fryer: Place the seasoned artichoke hearts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid overcrowding to ensure they cook evenly and become crispy.
Air Fry: Set cook time for 10-15 minutes. Check them periodically and shake the basket or turn them halfway through the cooking time to promote even browning.
Check for Doneness: The artichoke hearts are ready when they turn golden brown and become crispy on the outside. Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the artichoke hearts.
Serve: Once cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove the air-fried artichokes from the basket and let them cool for a minute. Serve them as a delightful snack, appetizer, or side dish.
Optional Dipping Sauce: Consider pairing your air-fried artichokes with a dipping sauce, such as aioli, marinara, or a creamy garlic dip.
Pro Tips For Cooking Frozen Artichokes In Air Fryer
- Partial Thawing: While not necessary, allowing the frozen artichoke hearts to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cooking can help them cook more evenly. However, don’t fully thaw them; they should remain partially frozen.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating your air fryer to the recommended temperature for frozen vegetables (typically around 375°F or 190°C) ensures that the artichokes cook evenly and become crispy.
- Use Olive Oil Sparingly: If you choose to use olive oil to enhance crispiness, remember that a little goes a long way. Use a light drizzle or cooking spray to avoid making the artichokes greasy.
- Season Generously: Season the artichokes with your choice of seasonings, such as garlic powder, salt, pepper, or other herbs and spices. Be generous with the seasonings to infuse flavor into every bite.
- Arrange in a Single Layer: To ensure even cooking and crispiness, arrange the seasoned artichoke hearts in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Overcrowding can result in uneven results.
- Shake or Turn Halfway Through: To promote even browning, shake the air fryer basket or turn the artichokes halfway through the cooking time. This helps all sides cook uniformly.
- Monitor Closely: Keep an eye on the artichokes as they cook, as cooking times can vary depending on the size and thickness of the artichoke hearts. Adjust the cooking time as needed.
- Test for Doneness: To check for doneness, look for a golden brown and crispy exterior. You can also taste a piece to ensure the desired texture.
- Serve with Dipping Sauce: Consider pairing your air-fried artichokes with a dipping sauce of your choice, such as aioli, marinara, or a yogurt-based dip. Dipping sauces can complement the flavors and add extra enjoyment.
By following these pro tips, you can achieve perfectly crispy and flavorful air-fried artichokes that make for a delightful snack, appetizer, or side dish. Enjoy experimenting with different seasonings and dipping sauces to suit your taste preferences!
Can I air fry frozen artichokes without thawing them first?
Yes, you can cook frozen artichokes directly from the freezer without thawing. However, allowing them to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cooking can help with even cooking.
What temperature should I set the air fryer for frozen artichokes?
Preheat your air fryer to the recommended temperature for frozen vegetables, typically around 375°F (190°C).
Do I need to add oil when air frying frozen artichokes?
Adding a small amount of olive oil can help the artichokes become crispy, but it’s optional. If you choose to use oil, drizzle it lightly over the artichokes or use a cooking spray to avoid excess oil.
How long should I cook frozen artichokes in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary depending on the size and thickness of the artichoke hearts, but it’s usually around 10-15 minutes. Be sure to check them periodically and shake the basket or turn them halfway through for even cooking.
How can I tell if the frozen artichokes are done?
The artichokes are ready when they turn golden brown and become crispy on the outside. You can also taste a piece to ensure the desired texture.
Can I use different seasonings and spices for flavor?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative with your seasonings. Common choices include garlic powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and herbs like rosemary or thyme. Season generously for the best flavor.
What can I serve with air-fried frozen artichokes?
Air-fried artichokes make a delicious snack or appetizer and can be served with a variety of dipping sauces such as aioli, marinara, or a yogurt-based dip. They can also be paired with other finger foods for a tasty party platter.
Are air-fried frozen artichokes healthier than deep-frying?
Air frying typically uses less oil than deep-frying, making it a healthier cooking method. It results in crispy food with less oil absorption.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER ARTICHOKE DIP
- INSTANT POT COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
- AIR FRYER, ARTICHOKE CHICKEN RECIPE
- AIR FRYER, ROASTED ARTICHOKES
Air Fryer Frozen Artichokes
- 12 ounces frozen artichoke hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add the frozen artichokes to the air fryer basket or tray (bottom level) and set the temperature to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5-6 minutes.
- Spray with some olive oil, avocado oil, or other high heat oil.
- Shake the basket frequently during the cooking process.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional