Air Fryer Roasted Artichokes are so good! There is nothing better than slow-roasted artichokes, roasted to absolute perfection!
If you have been looking for the perfect way to Air Fry Artichokes, let me tell you, this simple marinade makes all the difference.
The result is an artichoke with lots of flavors and a side dish that everyone will love!
If you are looking for even more ways to elevate your vegetable side dishes through Air Frying, some of my favorite Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes are AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI CRISPS, AIR FRYER CHEESE FRIES, AIR FRYER ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC, and AIR FRYER SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Artichokes Recipe
- Only 5 basic ingredients
- Can be made in under 20 minutes
- Perfect for a last-minute side dish or late-night snack
- Vegan and vegetarian friendly
Can you cook a whole artichoke in an air fryer?
Yes, although you get a better-roasted flavor and texture when you cut the artichoke in half. This way, the heat really can roast the inside of the artichoke.
Air-Fried Artichokes Ingredients
- Fresh Artichokes
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
How To Make This Air Fryer Artichoke Recipe
Step 1: Cut the artichokes
Cut the artichoke in half with a sharp knife or kitchen shears, and then cut the top part off, about an inch off the top.
Step 2: Mix the seasoning ingredients
Mix lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl.
Step 3: Add the seasoning to the artichokes
Brush the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil onto the artichoke.
Step 4: Air fryer the artichokes
Set the artichokes into the air fryer basket and air fry for 9-12 minutes at 340 degrees F, air fryer setting.
How to Eat Air Fryer Roasted Artichokes
Remove the roasted artichokes from the air fryer, peel the leaves, and then dip in a sauce, if desired, and use your teeth to scrape the part off the leaves.
As you move to the center of the artichokes, you will notice that the leaves get softer and softer.
When you get to the center of the artichoke, remove the bottom of the artichoke, and then dice up and eat it.
What Sauces to Serve with Roasted Artichokes?
The most common sauce to serve with choices would be melted butter infused with garlic, but several other sauces pair well with roasted artichokes.
Some of my favorites are:
You can either make these sauces fresh or store-bought works just as well!
How do I store the leftover artichokes?
Leftover cooked artichokes can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. They can also be frozen for several months.
Make sure to allow them to cool completely before storing, as warm or hot items should not be placed directly into the refrigerator.
Can I use canned artichoke hearts instead of fresh artichokes?
Yes, you can! Canned artichoke hearts are generally easier to prepare and require less cooking time. Just make sure to drain the excess moisture before adding your seasoning ingredients.
Tips and Tricks
- Try to buy artichokes with leaves that are still mostly green. Browning or yellowing leaves can be a sign of age.
- When choosing an artichoke, try to find one where the fuzzy choke is still tucked away inside the leaves. This indicates that it is fresh and has been recently harvested.
- If possible, use fresh lemon juice for added flavor when making your air fryer artichokes.
- For best results, make sure to cut off the tips of the leaves before cooking, so they don’t burn in the hot air of your air fryer.
- If you have larger artichokes, try cutting them into quarters or halves before air frying them for quicker cooking time.
- Be sure to give your artichokes a good pat down with a paper towel before adding any seasonings. This will help remove excess moisture, resulting in crispy artichokes.
- Try experimenting with different seasonings and herbs for extra flavor!
Substitutions and Variations
- Serve with lemon wedges for an extra burst of flavor
- Top with Parmesan cheese for a cheesy twist
- Substitute olive oil for avocado oil for a heartier taste
- Add garlic powder, Italian seasoning, or cayenne pepper for more flavor
- Replace the lemon juice with white wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar for a tangy taste
- Try roasting the artichokes with honey or brown sugar for a sweeter option.
- Add some homemade garlic aioli sauce to make it even more delicious.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe
What is the healthiest way to cook an artichoke?
Air frying your artichokes is very healthy, but you could also steam them. In a big, deep pot, place the artichokes stem-end-up in a steamer basket over 2 inches of water.
Then bring the water to a boil. For medium-sized artichokes, steam for 25 to 30 minutes; for jumbo-sized artichokes, steam for 40 to 45 minutes or until the stem and base are soft when punctured with a sharp knife.
How do you know when artichokes are fully cooked?
The best way to know when your artichokes are done is when a leaf from the middle will pull away easily. If it is still tough, you may want to cook them for a few more minutes.
Can you roast artichokes in the oven?
Yes – of course, just like most other vegetables, this is no problem! It just takes a bit longer, around 25-30 minutes at 475 degrees F.
Some Other Great Vegetable Recipes:
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN TOMATOES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN GREEN BEANS
- AIR FRYER SQUASH (SUMMER SQUASH/YELLOW SQUASH)
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
- AIR FRYER ROASTED CANNED CARROTS
- EASY AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN ON THE COB
- AIR FRYER THE BEST BUFFALO CAULIFLOWER BITES
These air fryer roasted artichokes are the perfect side dish! They are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce, or enjoy them as is. You will want to add this dish to your regular rotation.
Air Fryer Roasted Artichokes
- 2 large artichoke, fresh artichokes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the artichoke in half, and then cut the top part off, about an inch off the top.
- Mix lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Brush the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil onto the artichoke.
- Set the artichokes into the air fryer and air fry for 9-12 minutes at 340 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer