Air Fryer Cheese Fries — Cheese fries are a delicious classic snack, but they can be loaded with calories. With an air fryer, you can make light and crispy cheese fries that are just as crave-worthy as the original! This easy recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare, so it’s perfect for a quick snack or appetizer. Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
Air Fryer Cheese Fries are truly amazing and are one of the simplest dishes you can make in your air fryer.
My family absolutely loves these. They make a really great snack or a quick lunch. The best thing about these is they only require two ingredients, and you can add anything you want, bacon, sour cream, sliced olives, etc. They are truly a versatile dish.
If you go to a restaurant, they will charge you a fortune for cheese fries; now, with a bag of frozen french fries and some cheese, you can have them for next to nothing. Amazing!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Side Dishes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BAKED SWEET POTATOES, AIR FRYER FROZEN FRENCH FRIES WITH FRENCH FRY SEASONING, AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES, and AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS RED POTATO RECIPE.
Loaded Air Fryer Cheese Fries
There is nothing better for a quick snack, appetizer, or side dish than a plate of hot French Fries topped with melted cheese.
Of course, you do not need to stop there, with the addition of other toppings. Some popular toppings included sliced green onions, cooked bacon, sour cream, and a slew of other toppings! They are endless!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheese Fries
- Frozen Fries
- Shredded Cheese–choose your favorite
How To Make Cheese Fries In The Air Fryer
Add the french fries in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may have to do two batches.
Set your air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 minutes. Every 2 minutes shake your basket.
Once the fries start browning, add the cheese and air fry for about 45 seconds.
Pro Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Cheese Fries
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and even the Mealthy Food Lid.
- Shake the basket several times during the cooking process, to allow for even cooking.
- Any type of shredded cheese will work, but for best results, shred your cheese yourself, since the packaged shredded cheese contains cellulose, which prevents all of the cheese from melting completely.
- You can add bacon bits if you are short on time, or fry up a batch, while the French fries are cooking in the Air Fryer.
- Add any of your favorite toppings, for a great Air Fryer Loaded French Fries Experience. The recipe will remain the same.
Some Common Questions Asked About Making Cheese Fries in the Air Fryer.
What Types of French Fries Should You Use?
Any type of frozen french fry will work, I have used curly fries, crinkle fries, steak fries, and potato wedges. All types of Frozen French Fries will work. I like regular frozen French Fries.
What Type of Cheese Should You Use?
Any type works, my favorite is cheddar, but you can use anything, shredded mozzarella is popular, but use a good quality pepper jack, Colby jack, swiss, anything that you like to eat is awesome here.
What Other Toppings Would Work On Air Fryer Cheese Fries?
I like some shredded chicken, sour cream, olives, pico de gallo, salsa, sliced jalapenos, nacho sauce, anything you like is a perfect topping.
Some Other Great Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes–
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE, AFFILIATE LINKS INCLUDED–
Don’t Forget to Pin—
Air Fryer Cheese Fries
- 16 ounces frozen french fries
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- Start by adding the french fries in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may have to do two batches.
- Set your air fryer temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 to 14 minutes. Every 2 minutes, shake your basket.
- Once the fries start browning, add the cheese and air fry for about 45 seconds.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional