Air fryers are a great way to prepare asparagus and other vegetables, but they don’t have to be limited to just that. This recipe is for garlic and parmesan air fryer asparagus that will take your healthy side dish game up a notch! You can serve this on its own or with your favorite protein for a complete meal.
Asparagus is one of the most popular vegetables to prepare in an air fryer. It takes just 10 minutes, and the result is crispy on the outside with a tender-crisp interior. This recipe also includes garlic and Parmesan for a flavor boost that will make these asparagus irresistible.
It’s time to break out the air fryer for your latest culinary adventure! You’ll be met with a delicious side dish that will ensure everyone goes back for seconds.
Air Fryers are perfect for making healthy fried foods without all of the mess or calories of traditional frying methods. Air-frying is also known as “dry” frying because it doesn’t require adding fat or liquid to what you’re cooking, making for a healthy and delicious side dish!
HOW TO PICK RIPE ASPARAGUS
It can be difficult to tell when asparagus is ripe. There are many ways to do it, but the best way is by bending the stalk. If it snaps near the base of the stem, then you know that it’s ready for pickin’. You can also test this by snapping off a little bit at the top and tasting it. If you’re not sure if they’re ready yet, wait until they start showing some green shoots coming out of them!
HOW TO KNOW WHEN ASPARAGUS IS BAD
Asparagus is a popular spring vegetable that can be eaten raw or cooked. It is packed with nutrients, but it’s important to know when asparagus goes bad so you don t end up eating something spoiled.
Some easy ways to tell if Asparagus is bad is:
- The asparagus tips will be a darker green than the rest of the asparagus. As when the asparagus stalks are truly spoiled, they will turn almost black in color.
- The asparagus becomes very soft, almost limp.
- There will be a slight odor to the asparagus.
IS ASPARAGUS KETO?
Keto is a diet plan that has become increasingly popular. The keto diet advocates eating high-fat foods with healthy fats and protein while cutting out carbs or sugars for the most part. One question many people have is whether you can eat asparagus on the keto diet?
Keto is one of the friendliest vegetables while on the KETO diet. In fact, one cup of asparagus (raw) has only 5 grams of carbs and is under 30 calories.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Asparagus With Garlic and Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Asparagus With Garlic and Parmesan
Trim the asparagus ends, and then place them into a large bowl (large than the asparagus); add the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
After the asparagus are coated, add them to your air fryer tray or basket. Set the basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5-7 minutes (depending on how you like it)
Garnish with shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SOUTHERN FRIED SQUASH
- AIR FRYER SQUASH (SUMMER SQUASH/YELLOW SQUASH)
- EASY AIR FRYER PARMESAN TOMATOES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN GREEN BEANS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH GARLIC
- EASY AIR FRYER CHEESE FRIES
- pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Trim the asparagus ends, and then place them into a large bowl (large than the asparagus); add the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- After the asparagus are coated, add them to your air fryer tray or basket.
- Set the basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5-7 minutes (depending on how you like it)
- Garnish with shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.