This is one of my kid’s favorite vegetables since they were toddlers. Since it’s packed with a ton of minerals, and it is a green vegetable, it’s hard to find a reason, not to pick them up at the grocery store, and they are in season, they are a bargain.
Asparagus is a great vegetable; it’s very versatile. The easiest way to prepare them without an air fryer is to blanch them and then toss them with some olive oil. One of the best flavors that go with asparagus is lemon, so if you buy a fresh lemon when you pick up your asparagus, be sure to try it.
There are a lot of health benefits to eating asparagus; they are as follows:
- They are nutritious; they have a ton of vitamins, including fiber, folate, Vitamin, A, C, E, and K, it also contains chromium with helps glucose levels.
- They have shown it to help fight cancer as it has a compound that breaks down carcinogens.
- Asparagus is packed with antioxidants; it helps slow down the aging process and reduce inflammation.
- They have shown it to increase brain activity.
Asparagus doesn’t last long in the refrigerator, here are tips on getting the most of your asparagus,
- Trim the ends off the asparagus, only about an inch. But keep the rubber band on as it will be easier to store.
- Store the asparagus in a glass filled with water, just enough water so that your cut off edges are in the water.
- If you store the asparagus in a plastic bag, standing up in the water, it should last for about 4-6 days.
Here are the really simple steps, so you can grill some asparagus in your air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Easy way to prepare a tasty KETO vegetable side dish with lots of flavors. My kids are huge fans, If you want to serve it with melted cheese, just sprinkle the cheese on the asparagus, and air fry for about a minute.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Trim the asparagus ends, and then place them into a large bowl (large that the asparagus) add the olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper.
- After the asparagus are coated, add them to your air fryer tray or basket.
- Set the basket or tray into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, (air fryer setting) for 5-7 minutes (depending on how you like it)
- Garnish with shredded or shaved Parmesan cheese.