Air Fryer Cowboy Casserole is a hearty and flavorful dish that is sure to please the whole family. It features all of the classic flavors of a traditional cowboy casserole but is made in an air fryer for a quick and easy meal.
Air Fryer Cowboy Casserole is a hearty, one-dish meal that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. This casserole is packed with flavor, and the air fryer helps to keep the vegetables and tater tots crispy.
The Air Fryer Cowboy Casserole recipe is easy to follow, and the dish can be made in less than thirty minutes. This casserole is a great way to use up leftover vegetables, and it can be easily customized to your family’s taste. The Air Fryer Cowboy Casserole is sure to become a new family favorite.
What Is Cowboy Casserole?
What is cowboy casserole, you ask? Only the best dish to come out of the American West! Cowboy casserole is a hearty, one-pot meal that typically includes ground beef, beans, corn, and cheese. It can be either baked, air fried, or slow-cooked, and it’s often served with a side of cornbread or biscuits.
While the exact origins of cowboy casserole are unknown, it’s believed to have been created by ranch hands or cowboys who had to make do with whatever ingredients they had on hand. Over time, the dish has become a staple of Western cuisine, and it’s now enjoyed by families all over the country. So whether you’re in the mood for a hearty winter meal or a delicious summertime dish, cowboy casserole is sure to hit the spot.
Why Cook Cowboy Casserole In The Air Fryer
Well, the air fryer cooks food faster than the oven, and it gives you that nice crispy texture on the outside without making the inside dry.
The results will speak for it’s self!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cowboy Casserole
Cowboy casserole is a hearty dish that is perfect for a winter meal. The casserole is made with beef, beans, and vegetables, and is flavored with a variety of spices. While cowboy casserole can be made in a slow cooker, it can also be made in an air fryer. To make cowboy casserole in an air fryer, you will need the following ingredients:
- Ground Beef: While the traditional way to prepare this casserole is ground beef, you can also use ground turkey or chicken, for a leaner meal.
- Sour Cream and Tomato Sauce: Help add some flavor to the ground beef, and make it rich and delicious!
- Cheese: Use eitehr Mexcian Blend or Cheddar Cheeese, for anotehr level of falvor
- Vegetables: Onions and Corn, for some added texture:
- Tater Tots: Nothing is better on top than some good old-fashioned tater tots.
- Seasonings and Spices: Minced Garlic, Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Cook Cowboy Casserole In The Air Fryer
Step One: In a large skillet, add your ground beef, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and diced onion. Saute over low-medium heat, until the meat is fully cooked, and remove from heat.
Step Two: Add your sour cream and tomato sauce to the ground beef, and mix well.
Step Three: Add your ground beef casserole to a baking dish, then add the grated cheese on top, followed by the corn.
Step Four: Assemble your frozen tater tots on top.
Step Five: Set the baking pan into the air fryer basket, and cook at 310 degrees F, for 15 to 20 minutes.
Tips For The Best Cowboy Casserole In The Air Fryer
When it comes to comfort food, it doesn’t get much better than a hearty casserole. And when you make it in the air fryer, it’s even more delicious! Here are our top tips for making the best cowboy casserole in the air fryer:
- Cook the casserole in batches if necessary. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the casserole in multiple batches.
- Let the casserole cool slightly before serving.
- Serve the casserole with rice or potatoes and a green vegetable such as steamed broccoli or green beans.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to Serve Cowboy Casserole
A dish that will surely be a hit at your next potluck or family gathering, cowboy casserole is a hearty, one-pot meal that is both easy to make and delicious. Cowboy casserole typically includes ground beef, cheese, beans, and corn, all baked together in a simple sauce. While it can be enjoyed as is, cowboy casserole is often served with a variety of toppings, such as sour cream, chopped green onions, or salsa. Here are some tips on how to serve cowboy casserole:
- When transporting the casserole to your potluck or family gathering, be sure to use a pan with a tight-fitting lid to prevent spills.
- If you plan on serving the casserole toppings, provide bowls for each topping so that guests can customize their own servings.
- Cowboy casserole can be served hot or cold. If serving cold, let the casserole sit out for about 30 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to wow your guests with this delicious dish!
How to Store Cowboy Casserole
Cowboy casserole is a hearty dish that typically includes ground beef, cheese, and vegetables. It can be a great option for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
Store: Leftovers are stored well in the fridge for up to four days.
Reheat: Simply pop a serving in the microwave for a minute or two.
Freeze: You can also freeze cowboy casserole for future meals. wrap individual servings tightly in plastic wrap or foil, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. When you’re ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then reheat as desired. Whether you’re enjoying it fresh or reheated, cowboy casserole is sure to be a hit!
More Easy Air Fryer Meal Recipes
Looking for some easy air fryer meal recipes? Here are a few to get you started!
For a quick and healthy breakfast, try air-fried eggs. Just add a little oil to your air fryer and crack in as many eggs as you like. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until they’re set to your liking. Serve with a side of toast and fruit for a complete meal.
Need a fast and tasty lunch option? Try air fryer chicken tenders! Just dip your chicken in some egg, then coat it with your favorite breadcrumbs or seasonings. Air fry for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce and a side of veggies for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Craving something sweet for dessert? You can make air-fried banana splits! Start by slicing bananas in half lengthwise, then top with your favorite ice cream, toppings, and sauces. Air fry for just a few minutes until everything is hot and gooey. Serve immediately for a truly indulgent treat!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cowboy Casserole
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces corn, canned, drained
- 1 cup tater tots
- In a large skillet, add your ground beef, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and diced onion. Saute over low-medium heat, until the meat is fully cooked, and remove from heat.
- Add your sour cream and tomato sauce to the ground beef, and mix well.
- Add your ground beef casserole to a baking dish, then add the grated cheese on top, followed by the corn.
- Assemble your frozen tater tots on top.
- Set the baking pan into the air fryer basket, and cook at 310 degrees F, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan