Air Fryer Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bananas — Who doesn’t love chocolate and peanut butter? This recipe is a twist on the classic banana split. The bananas are fried in an air fryer and topped with peanuts, fudge sauce, whipped cream, sprinkles, and of course, a cherry on top!
There is nothing better after a long day than a Banana Split, and now with the air fryer, you can perfectly roast up the bananas to make the foundation for your delicious dessert!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dessert to make this weekend, look no further than the banana split sundae. This delicious treat is an excellent way to cool off on hot summer days. You can even use frozen bananas instead of fresh ones if desired!
This recipe will teach you how to make a banana split sundae from scratch! Once you’ve finished reading, your mouth should be watering at the thought of these tasty treats. So let’s get started with learning how to create one!
There is nothing better for a great dessert!
WHY I LOVE THIS RECIPE
I’m combining bananas, ice cream, and peanut butter into something that will amaze you! It’s better than any of those traditional banana splits.
And nothing roasts the bananas better than the Air Fryer!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER BANANAS
- Brown Sugar
- Neapolitan Ice Cream
- Chocolate Fudge or Syrup
- Whipped Cream
- Maraschino Cherries
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER BANANAS
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. Set the banana in the air fryer basket, and brush with melted butter. Air Fry for 2 minutes, brush with more melted butter, and sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Air fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
Assemble the Banana Split Sundae, add the chocolate sauce, and peanut butter to a small bowl, and microwave, until melted, mix well. Add the sauce to the bottom of the banana split dish, then add the air-fried bananas. Add the ice cream on top, then the whipped cream and cherries.
How To Assemble A Banana Split:
Few desserts can compare to a delicious banana split. The combination of flavors and textures, along with the satisfaction that comes from eating such an indulgent treat, is hard to beat.
Knowing how to assemble it properly is integral for getting all the correct elements in each bite while maintaining its structural integrity when you want to do your banana split. Follow these steps below on how to assemble a banana split!
- Add the chocolate and peanut butter sauce to the bottom of the ice cream dish.
- Then cut your bananas in half, and place them on top of the sauce.
- Add your ice cream on top, and then add some whipped cream, cherries, hot fudge sauce, or strawberry sauce, on top, sprinkle some nuts on top.
Favorite Sundae Toppings
Which is your favorite sundae topping? Chocolate, peanut butter, bananas, caramel sauce? Or maybe you’re more of a traditionalist and want just the basics – vanilla ice cream with hot fudge.
No matter how creative or traditional your taste buds may be, there’s one thing that all sundaes have in common: whipped cream!
Some of my favorite toppings are:
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Strawberry Sauce
- Butterscotch Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Oreos
- Diced Pretzels
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Kung Pao Chicken
- Air Fryer Chinese Buff Crab Casserole
- How To Reheat Apple Pie In Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Sushi Bowl
- Air Fryer Chines Spare Ribs
Air Fryer Chocolate-Peanut Butter Bananas
- 2 large bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 2 cups ice cream, your choice of flavor
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
Assorted Toppings: Whipped Cream, Maraschino Cherries Diced Nuts, Starweberry Sauce, etc.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. Set the banana in the air fryer basket, and brush with melted butter. Air Fry for 2 minutes, brush with more melted butter, and sprinkle the brown sugar on top. Air fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Assemble the Banana Split Sundae, add the chocolate sauce, and peanut butter to a small bowl, and microwave, until melted, mix well. Add the sauce to the bottom of the banana split dish, then add the air-fried bananas. Add the ice cream on top, then the whipped cream and cherries.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer