Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Banana Boat — Do you ever find yourself in the kitchen, looking for a quick and easy snack that’s healthy yet delicious? Look no further! Today, we will show you how to make an Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Banana Boat.
This tasty treat comes together quickly and uses pantry staples such as peanut butter and bananas. Plus, it can be cooked up in your air fryer in no time at all. Kids will love this snack, and it’s perfect for grown-up tastebuds too! So join us here today, and let’s get cooking up some deliciousness with this Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Banana Boat recipe!
The Best Recipe For Peanut Butter Banana Boats
Peanut Butter Banana Boats are a delightful and easy-to-make dessert that combines the creamy richness of peanut butter with the natural sweetness of ripe bananas. This simple yet satisfying treat is perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth looking for a healthier alternative.
With just a few ingredients and minimal preparation, you can create a warm and gooey dessert that will leave you craving more. Whether you enjoy it as a quick snack or a comforting dessert, Peanut Butter Banana Boats will surely become a new favorite in your repertoire of sweet treats.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Banana Boat
If you’re looking for a wholesome snack that’s both delicious and healthy, the air fryer peanut butter and banana boat is an excellent choice. This incredibly simple recipe requires only three ingredients: air-fried bananas, crunchy peanut butter, and some honey or brown sugar for sweetness.
The combination of these ingredients yields a treat that is packed with flavor and perfect for snacking on at any time of day! Plus, since the preparation process only takes minutes to complete, whipping up this snack is a breeze even when busy schedules threaten to get in the way. Read on as we explain what you’ll need and how to bring this tasty air fryer recipe to life quickly!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list is below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Bananas: Use ripe bananas; this is a great recipe for leftover bananas you haven’t yet received!
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Any brand will work; creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe.
- Soft Taco Shell Bowl: The most popular brand is Old El Paso, sold in the Ethanic aisle at most United States Grocery stores, or grab some on Amazon.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Optional Toppings: Chocolate chips, honey, maple syrup, chopped nuts, granola, shredded coconut, or dried fruit
How To Make Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Banana Boats
When you think of delicious and healthy snacks, air fryer peanut butter and banana boats are a must-try! This easy recipe uses minimal ingredients and is done in just minutes. You can enjoy a warm snack rich in protein from the peanut butter that will fill your stomach with flavor without all the unhealthy fat from deep frying. Air fryers also make this dish a breeze; no need for any mess or fuss! Ready to get started? Let’s go through the steps to create these delightful treats immediately!
Step One: Cut The Bananas
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut the bananas into 1-inch slices.
Step Two: Assemble The Peanut Butter And Banana Boat
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter onto the bottom of the soft taco shell. Add the sliced bananas on top, sprinkle some ground cinnamon, and chocolate chips on top.
Step Three: Air Fry
Place the banana boat into the air fryer basket and set the cooking time for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Step Four: Serving
Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy Peanut Butter Banana Boats as is, or add a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or a drizzle of more honey or maple syrup for extra indulgence.
Here are some pro tips for making Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Banana Boats:
- Choose Ripe Bananas: Use ripe, but not overly mushy, bananas for the best texture and flavor. Ripe bananas are sweeter and easier to use when filling with peanut butter.
- Use Creamy Peanut Butter: Opt for creamy peanut butter as it spreads more easily and melts nicely in the air fryer. You can use regular peanut butter or go for natural varieties without added sugar or oil, depending on your preference.
- Customize the Filling: Feel free to experiment with the filling. You can add a sprinkle of cinnamon, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, or even a few chocolate chips to complement the flavors.
- Use Foil or Parchment Paper: To prevent the peanut butter from oozing and sticking to the air fryer basket, line it with foil or parchment paper. This will make the cleanup easier and ensure the boats stay intact.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheat the air fryer for a few minutes before adding the banana boats. This helps create a more even and consistent cooking temperature.
- Check for Doneness: Cooking times may vary depending on the size and ripeness of the bananas. Keep an eye on them and check for doneness by inserting a fork into the bananas. They should be soft and easily pierced.
- Add Toppings After Cooking: Once the banana boats are cooked, you can add additional toppings like chopped nuts, a sprinkle of granola, or a drizzle of honey for extra texture and flavor. This makes the toppings stay crisp and adds a nice touch to the dessert.
- Serve Warm: Peanut Butter and Banana Boats are best enjoyed warm. Serve them immediately after cooking to savor the gooey, melted peanut butter and softened bananas.
- Experiment with Sides: Consider serving the banana boats with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar for an extra indulgent treat.
Remember, cooking times can vary depending on your air fryer model, so it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the bananas and adjust the cooking time if needed. Enjoy your delicious Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Banana Boats!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?
Yes, you can use crunchy peanut butter if you prefer the added texture of peanut pieces. Remember that it may not spread as easily as creamy peanut butter.
Can I use other nut butter instead of peanut butter?
Absolutely! If you’re a fan of almond butter, cashew butter, or any other nut butter, feel free to use it as a substitute for peanut butter. The flavor and texture will vary slightly, but it can still be delicious.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer for this recipe?
Preheating the air fryer is recommended to ensure even cooking, but it’s not absolutely necessary. If you choose not to preheat, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
Can I add other toppings to the banana boats?
Yes, you can get creative with toppings! Chopped nuts, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, or a drizzle of caramel sauce are all excellent options to enhance the flavor and texture of the dessert.
How do I prevent the banana boats from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent sticking, line the air fryer basket with foil or parchment paper before placing the banana boats inside. This will make it easier to remove them without any mess.
Can I make Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Banana Boats ahead of time?
These boats are best enjoyed immediately after cooking to experience the warm, melted peanut butter. However, you can prepare the boats in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook them in the air fryer.
Can I reheat leftover banana boats?
It’s possible to reheat leftover banana boats, but they may not have the same texture and appeal as when freshly cooked. To reheat, place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until warmed through, or use a microwave for a shorter time.
Can I use frozen bananas for this recipe?
It’s not recommended to use frozen bananas for Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Banana Boats. Thawed frozen bananas will have a different texture and may become too soft and mushy during cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TGIF FRIDAY’S GREEN BEAN FRIES
- AIR FRYER STEAK FRIES
- EASY AIR FRYER MACARONI AND CHEESE BALLS
- THE BEST AND EASIEST AIR FRYER FRENCH FRIES RECIPE
Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Banana Boat
- 1 large banana , ripe and sliced
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy
- 2 soft taco shell bowls
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
Optional Toppings: Chocolate chips, honey, maple syrup, chopped nuts, granola, shredded coconut, or dried fruit
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) for 3-5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut the bananas into 1-inch slices.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter onto the bottom of the soft taco shell. Add the sliced bananas on top, sprinkle some ground cinnamon, and chocolate chips on top.
- Place the banana boat into the air fryer basket and set the cooking time for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy Peanut Butter Banana Boats as is, or add a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream, or a drizzle of more honey or maple syrup for extra indulgence.
- Air Fryer