My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was awesome in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and fruity, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
here are some common questions that come across in our air fryer group, and I wanted to take a few minutes and address them.
Can Silicone Molds Be Used in the Air Fryer?
Yes, anything that is ovenproof, can be used in the air fryer. It can be glass, ceramic, metal or silicone. I have had success with silicone molds, metal disposable cupcake molds and really good success with silicone molds.
Here are some suggestions:
This is my favorite, each purchase comes with 2, and I bought 2, so I could always have my muffin batter in a pan. Love it!
Can You Bake in the Air Fryer?
Yes, absolutely. Although all of the temperatures and times will need to be adjusted. Prepare the pans, as you would normally, spray with non-stick cooking spray. You will also have to adjust the recipes so that you only fill the air fryer sized pans (Sometimes, cake mix and brownie mix, prepared will need to be split between two pans) With muffins it doesn’t matter that much.
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer, Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These are really flavorful muffins, they have a great balance fo sweet and savory.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 12 mini muffins 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the sour cream, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
- Fold the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients.
- Then fold in the poppy seeds.
- Either grease the mini muffin tin with olive oil or use mini muffin paper liners and pour the batter about 3/4 the way to the top.
- Set in the air fryer for 12 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- When the time is up, place a toothpick in the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, remove from the air fryer, if not add a couple of minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!