This batch of Air Fryer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins is amazing! They are perfectly baked right in my own air fryer, creating a lemon-infused breakfast with a simple lemon glaze. The result is an amazing breakfast the entire family loved!
I truly love a great muffin and often pick one up with my morning coffee, whether at Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or the local coffee shop.
But, with the entire family home, and I woke up early this morning, I thought, why not make a great breakfast and reached for the lemons on my kitchen table. I thought, why not? These are great!
If you have not cooked muffins in the Air Fryer, they cook up remarkably, with the heat in the air fryer. The result is a light, fluffy and tender muffin every single time!
If you are becoming addicted to baking in your Air Fryer, some of my favorite Air Fryer Muffin Recipes are AIR FRYER BERRY CREAM MUFFINS, AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S BANANA BREAD MUFFINS, AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MIX MUFFINS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Juice
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sour Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Poppy Seeds
How To Make Air Fryer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
In a small mixing bowl, mix the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt well.
Mix the sour cream, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter in another mixing bowl. Fold the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients. Then fold in the poppy seeds.
Either grease the mini muffin tin with olive oil or use mini muffin paper liners and pour the batter about 3/4 the way to the top.
Set in the air fryer for 12 to 15 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
When the time is up, place a toothpick in the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, remove it from the air fryer. If not, add a couple of minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe will work in any air fryer, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and all other Air Freyr Basket and Oven models. The recipe is the same, but the cooking time will vary by a few minutes. For best results, check the muffins frequently while cooking up.
- If you do not want to use sour cream, you can substitute it for Greek Yogurt, which is thicker than regular yogurt.
ARE POPPYSEEDS SAFE TO EAT?
Poppyseeds are safe to eat when you eat them in small amounts. Poppy seeds have been used for hundreds of years (if not thousands) for cooking and tossed into baked goods for additional flavoring.
If you have any concerns, you can leave them out; however, the recipe will cook up the same.
DO I HAVE TO USE SOUR CREAM IN MY MUFFINS?
This is a traditional recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins, which calls for sour cream. However, you can change it out.
One of the best options for replacing the sour cream would be Greek Yogurt, but only Greek yogurt. You can not substitute sour cream for regular yogurt because it is too thin.
WHAT PANS SHOULD I USE FOR AIR FRYER MUFFINS?
While you can use any muffin tin that you have in your pantry or cabinets, they might be too big for your Air Fryer.
You can use either a metal muffin tin or silicone muffin cups. I prefer the regular metal muffin pans, and a couple of my favorites that work in the Air Fryer is: (affiliate link included)
More Air Fryer Muffin Recipes!
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA WILD BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- EASY AIR FRYER BRAN MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- EASY AIR FRYER PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt well.
- Mix the sour cream, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter in another mixing bowl.
- Fold the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients.
- Then fold in the poppy seeds.
- Either grease the mini muffin tin with olive oil or use mini muffin paper liners and pour the batter about 3/4 the way to the top.
- Set in the air fryer for 12 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- When the time is up, place a toothpick in the center of the muffin and if it comes out clean, remove it from the air fryer. If not, add a couple of minutes.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Drizzle the lemon glaze, over the muffins.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
To Make the Lemon Glaze: In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon juice, mix until smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 194mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.