Air Fryer Easy Potato Rolls— Are you looking for a delicious and easy side dish to serve at your next gathering? Well, look no further than these air fryer potato rolls! They are simple to make and taste amazing. Plus, they are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a holiday celebration or just a casual evening get-together. So, what are you waiting for? Give these potato rolls a try today! You won’t be disappointed.
Who doesn’t love a warm, fresh-air fryer potato roll? A potato roll is like a dinner roll, but with an added potato flavor that makes them irresistible. The great thing about these easy potato rolls is that you can make them in your air fryer! Air frying is a great way to cook food without using a lot of oil, and it results in perfectly cooked rolls every time. So if you’re looking for an easy recipe to impress your friends and family, give these air fryer potato rolls a try!
What Are Potato Rolls?
Are you looking for a new and delicious way to enjoy potatoes? If so, potato rolls are the perfect dish for you! These rolls are made with mashed potatoes, flour, butter, and salt, and they are absolutely delicious. They make the perfect appetizer or side dish, and they are sure to impress your friends and family. So what are you waiting for? Give potato rolls a try today!
Why Make Potato Rolls In The Air Fryer
Do you love potato rolls but don’t want to turn on your oven? Turns out, the air fryer is the perfect way to make them without heating up your kitchen! Today, we’ll show you how to make delicious potato rolls in the air fryer – and they’re so easy, that even a beginner cook can do it! Plus, they’re perfect for a busy weeknight when you don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen. Keep reading to find out how to make these tasty rolls!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Potato Rolls
If you love potato rolls, then you’re going to love this easy recipe for Air Fryer Potato Rolls. These rolls are so light and fluffy, with a delicious potato flavor that’s perfect for any meal. Plus, they’re simple to make and only require a few ingredients! So what are you waiting for? Get started on these Air Fryer Potato Rolls today!
- Active Dry Yeast
- Water: Make sure that you use water between 105 degrees F to 115 degrees F
- Mashed Potatoes: You can either use homemade or store-bought, make sure they are warmed.
- Sugar: You can use regular, granulated sugar.
- Shortening: Use vegetable shortening.
- Eggs: I used large room-temperature eggs
- Salt: Adds some great flavor to the rolls
- All-Purpose Flour: You can also use gluten-free all-purpose flour, I recommend King Arthur’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, it will give you the best texture.
- Butter: I would recommend that you use unsalted, if you only have salted butter, omit the salt.
- For Serving: Serve with fresh herbs, butter, or jam
How To Make Air Fryer Potato Rolls
Start by dissolving the years into ⅔ cup of warm water. Then in another bowl, combine the mashed potato (make sure they are warm), sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, and the rest of the water.
Add in the yeast mixture, and slowly add the flour, until you have a dough.
Place your dough into a greased bowl, and then cover it with a kitchen towel, until it doubles, for about an hour. Form your dough into 1 to 2-inch balls. Place into a greased oven-safe dish or cast iron pan.
Cover with a kitchen down, and let rise for another 30 to 50 minutes, until doubled. Place your rolls into the air fryer at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and brush with melted butter and fresh herbs, right before serving.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Potato Rolls
Spacing: For a pull-apart bread with softer sides, space the dough balls closer together. For round rolls that are browned all over and crusty on top – like in your favorite bakery window- add more room between each ball so they don’t touch when cooking!
Proofing The Dough: One of my favorite ways to get rolls to rise faster is by putting them in an oven that’s preheated at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Which Potatoes To Use?
Whether you use homemade mashed potatoes, a package of Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes, or even grab a package of refrigerated mashed potatoes, from the meat case, this recipe will work with all.
Remember to make the mashed potatoes as called for in the recipe.
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes: You can use Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes or Air Fryer Mashed Potatoes. Any recipe that you usually make will work in this recipe.
- Instant Mashed Potato: You can easily use Instant Mashed Potatoes, which will make for a quick potato roll!
- Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes: Use Bob Evan’s Or Simply Potatoes, for a great and easy way to make potato rolls!
Making Ahead Of Time And Freezing
Make Ahead: You can easily make the dough ahead of time. I would recommend that you let your dough rise, before wrapping it up tightly in saran wrap. Then the next day, bring your dough to room temperature, before continuing with the recipe.
How To Freeze Rolls: This is a great recipe that you can prepare and freeze. You will want to roll your dough and then place it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the freezer and then freeze until the rolls are frozen solid. Then remove the frozen potato rolls, and place them into a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. The rolls will last for about 2 to 4 months.
Defrost overnight in the refrigerator, then allow them to rise, for about 2 to 4 hours, before air frying.
How to Store Leftover Potato Rolls
Store any leftover rolls in a Ziploc bag on the counter. For any longer, place the potato rolls into the refrigerator, tightly wrapped, and they will last for about a week.
You can always reheat the potato rolls in the air fryer, before serving.
What To Serve With Potato Rolls
When it comes to cooking, there are some dishes that are just so versatile, they can be served with almost anything. Potato rolls are one of those dishes. But what should you serve with them? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
- INSTANT POT SOUTH CAROLINA SHE-CRAB SOUP
- AIR FRYER CRAB LEGS
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- INSTANT POT COPYCAT PANERA’S BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR SOUP
More Air Fryer Bread Recipes:
If you’re like me, you’ve been loving your air fryer lately! It’s the perfect appliance for making quick and healthy meals. And if you’re a fan of bread, you’ll be excited to hear that there are lots of great air fryer bread recipes out there. In this post, I’ll share some of my favorites. So if you’re looking for new and delicious ways to use your air fryer, keep reading!
- AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA PIZZA BREAD: If you’re looking for an easy and delicious weeknight meal, look no further than this air fryer mozzarella pizza bread. It only takes a few minutes to prep and the air fryer does all the work!
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY ICE-CREAM BREAD: Summertime is the perfect time for ice cream, and this blueberry air fryer ice cream bread recipe is a delicious way to enjoy your favorite frozen treat. This bread is easy to make and perfect for a summer picnic or party! Enjoy!
- AIR FRYER BAKING POWDER BISCUITS: Do you love biscuits, but don’t love all of the fat and calories that come with them? Well, have we got good news for you! With an air fryer, you can enjoy fluffy and delicious biscuits without all of the guilt. Our recipe for air fryer baking powder biscuits is incredibly easy to follow, and the end result is definitely worth it. So why not give them a try today? You won’t be disappointed!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Easy Potato Rolls
- 1/2 ounce active dry yeas
- 1 1/3 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees F) divided
- 1 cup mashed potatoes, warmed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- serve with fresh herbs
- Start by dissolving the years into ⅔ cup of warm water. Then in another bowl, combine the mashed potato (make sure they are warm), sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, and the rest of the water.
- Add in the yeast mixture, and slowly add the flour, until you have a dough.
- Place your dough into a greased bowl, and then cover with a kitchen towel, until it doubles, for about an hour.
- Form your dough into 1 to 2 inch balls. Place into a greased oven-safe dish or cast iron pan.
- Cover with a kitchen down, and let rise for another 30 to 50 minutes, until doubled.
- Place your rolls into the air fryer at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and brush with melted butter and fresh herbs, right before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan, or Cast Iron Pan