This is one of the simplest recipes ever, but the taste is fabulous. This actually is going to be a regular series on my blog, because as I recently discovered, there are so many boxed mixes that do fabulous in the Air Freyr. I didn’t even know before today, that Williams Sonoma has a huge section of their website dedicated to this. They have amazing flavors such as Pineapple Brown Sugar, doesn’t that sound fabulous, to strawberry. So, maybe I will try them all LOL.
I am not a great baker. I love a good baking hack because my family loves dessert, but I’ve never been that good with it. I prefer cooking. But, I have been really experimenting with the air fryer.
The one word of caution about baking in the air fryer is it’s more complicated to bake in the air fryer because it will really depend on your air fryer. What works in one of my air fryers does not work in my other air fryer. My little tip for this, is that I usually set it for a temperature, and then I take it out and look at it, does it need more time, how much time? If it’s sort of golden brown, I usually check on it a LOT in the last 5 minutes of baking/air frying. Basically, because I don’t want to eat up with burnt food. So, use your common sense while baking and don’t’ be afraid to experiment. Most of my greatest recipes have started out as experiments.
My mother used to make these for breakfast and early morning sports games, nowadays I make Quick Bread. Quick breads are great because they can be prepared ahead of time, and they freeze amazingly. Quick bread comes in a huge amount of variety and they are super easy to whip up and create a fast and somewhat healthy breakfast or snack. (They also make a wonderful dessert)
To be successful at making the batter for loaves of bread in the Air Fryer:
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In most quick loaves of bread, this will include flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them all together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl. This usually includes milk, oil, and eggs.
- Then combine the two together and mix until all of the dry ingredients are gone, scrape the bottom of the pan. To make sure that when you fill the cake pan, you do not come across any flour, that has not to be absorbed into the wet ingredients.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter, as you will increase the level of gluten and the bread will become tough.
I will give you a word of warning these pieces of bread are addicting, you will not be able to eat just one piece. The flavor is AMAZING! This makes an amazing breakfast, pair it with a great cup of coffee and you have the best breakfast you will ever have. I hope that you give it a sot, you will not be disappointed.
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer-Air Fried-Fresh Strawberry Quick Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk (whole)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Start mixing the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Then mix in the milk
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Mix well, then add the vanilla.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Meanwhile spray your baking loaf pan with non-sticking cooking spray (I am a big fan of the one with the flour, I find that my baked goods don’t stick as much)
- Pour the batter in.
- Set the temperature for 310 F, and the time for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes check and check for doneness. If it is not done, add another 5 minutes. Until it’s fully cooked, and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once fully cooked, remove the loaf pan, from the air fryer basket, let cool slightly.
- Once cooled, slice and serve.