There is nothing better for breakfast or a late-night snack than a delicious piece of Air Fryer Classic Crumb Cake.
So, if you are looking for a great and Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, this is one of my favorites. Moist, delicious, and absolutely divine, this coffee cake really will take your breath away.
I love baking; whether it’s for my family, for friends, or for my husband to bring to work, everyone always enjoys a great piece of coffee cake. And this one is no different, even though it’s cooked up in the Aor Fryer. You will get the same (if not better) delicious coffee cake.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES, AIR FRYER BARNYARD BUSTER WRAP, AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD, and AIR FRYER HAM AND CHEESE BITES.
Classic Crumb Cake
Like all crumb cakes, they are prepared with a buttery bottom and a crumbly topping of brown sugar and butter. Making for a rich and delicious dessert or breakfast.
The air fryer does an amazing job at making the buttery crust layer. YOu will get a moist and delicious slice.
The secret to the traditional coffee cake is the addition of ground cinnamon.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Crumb Cake
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Brown sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer Crumb Cake
Start with making the cake since it will be the bottom layer. In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter, then mix in the egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Then mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
Pour the cake batter into a greased air fryer (anything that is oven safe is usually air fryer safe) pan,
Then make the topping in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar, and then add in the flour, ground cinnamon and mix well.
Spoon the crumb topping over the cake. Set in the air fryer for 320 degrees F for 15-25 minutes.
Can I Add Chocolate Chips to this Recipe?
Yes, that would be a great way to elevate this Air Fryer Crumb Cake even more. Add about 1/2 to 3/4 a cup of mini or regular-sized chocolate chips.
Can I Use All Whole Wheat Flour?
Yes, if you want to switch out the all-purpose flour or either whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour, that would be fine.
If you want to use whole wheat, I will do equal portions of whole wheat and all-purpose flour.
How Should I Store Crumb Cake?
Crumb cake can be at room temperature for a few days. I would cover it with saran wrap and then leave it out on your counter.
It should last for about 3 to 4 days. For any longer, place covered into the refrigerator, where it should last for about a week.
Can I Freeze Air Fryer Crumb Cake?
Yes, this is a great make-ahead recipe that freezes really well. To freeze, just cut the coffee cake into pieces, and place the pieces on a baking tray. Place the baking tray into the freezer and freeze until the crumb cake is frozen solid.
Remove the frozen crumb cake, place it into an airtight freezer container, or wrap it in saran wrap and then foil.
To Use From Frozen: Place your frozen crumb cake on the counter until it thaws.
Can I Make the Batter into Muffins?
Yes, that would work perfectly. There is nothing better than a coffee cake muffin. And the air fryer will do a great job at keeping the coffee crumb cake moist and delicious.
Use an air fryer muffin pan, and pour the batter in, filling 2/3 the way full. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 10 to 12 minutes.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes-
- AIR FRYER FROZEN WAFFLES
- HOW TO MAKE PERFECT BACON IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER, GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES
- AIR FRYER RASPBERRY DUTCH BABY PANCAKES
- NINJA FOODI COPYCAT STARBUCKS COFFEE CAKE
- HOW TO AIR FRYER A TOASTER STRUDEL
- AIR FRYER CHERRY SCONES
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Start with making the cake since it will be the bottom layer. In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter, then mix in the egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Then mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased air fryer (anything that is oven safe is usually air fryer safe) pan,
- Then make the topping in a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar, and then add in the flour, ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Spoon the crumb topping over the cake.
- Set in the air fryer for 320 degrees F for 15-25 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!