Do you have a sweet tooth? If so, then this Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake French Toast is for you! It’s made with fresh sliced strawberries and topped off with whipped cream. This dish will make your day brighter and taste buds happy! You’re going to want to eat every last bite of this delicious breakfast treat.
You may think you’re too busy to make breakfast, but with this recipe for Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake French Toast, you’ll have an easy-to-make dish that tastes like it took hours to prepare. Plus, it’s healthy! This is a delicious and simple way to start your day with the kids or whoever needs some sweet lovin’. You can’t go wrong with this one.
I love a great Sunday breakfast with the entire family there, and this is a great one. And I used the fresh fruit of the season to create a GREAT breakfast dish!
So good and easy!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites recipes are AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS, CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES, and AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake French Toast
- French Loaf Bread
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Half and Half
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Strawberries
- Whipped Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Strawberry Shortcake French Toast
Start by coating your pan (any oven-safe pan is usually air fryer safe) with cooking spray. Cut your bread into about 1-inch pieces.
In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
Then spread one side of the bread with the cream cheese/sugar mixture. Add another piece on top to make a sandwich and press down.
Then in s small mixing bowl, add the eggs, half and half, and vanilla and mix well. Pour over the bread, and then cover and refrigerate overnight.
Add about 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each French toast sandwich. Set in the air fryer oven for 5 minutes, at 330 degrees F (air fryer setting); after the time is up, flip the French Toast and air fry for another 5 minutes.
Top with some whipped cream and strawberries.
- If you are making this in an Air Fryer Basket Model or Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, or Mealhty Lid, add a piece of parchment paper or spry your basket iht cooking spray, so the bread doesn’t stick.
- Depending on the air fryer you own, you may need to flip halfway during the cooking process.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh strawberries, for a great healthy air fryer breakfast.
What Bread To Use?
I love French Bread for this recipe, but you can really easily bread. You will find that crusty bread, such as French Bread, will absorb the egg mixture better than soft bread.
Some other great options are:
- Sour Dough Bread
- Artisan Bread
- Stale Sandwich Bread
You can really make this your favorite with a few tweaks,
Gluten-Free: Use Gluten-Free Bread
Dairy-Free: Use dairy-free alternatives. Some great options are Oat or Almond Milk. You can even use Coconut Milk.
Other: You can easily use any fresh fruit of the season. Some great options include: Blueberries, Blackberries, Slikced Bananas, and Caramelized Apples (or Bananas)
Today, I went with classic whipped cream and sliced strawberries, but there are so many possibilities.
Some of my favorites are dusted with confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup, or even homemade whipped cream!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER APPLE PLUM TARTS
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
- EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES
- AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES
- EASY AIR FRYER FRIED BANANAS
- AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS
- AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK
- 1 loaf of French Bread
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Start by coating your pan (any oven-safe pan is usually air fryer safe)_ with cooking spray.
- Cut your bread into about 1-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar.
- Then spread one side of the bread with the cream cheese/sugar mixture.
- Then add another piece on top to make a sandwich and press down.
- Then in a small mixing bowl, add the eggs, half and half, and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour over the bread, and then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Add about 1 tablespoon on top of each French toast sandwich.
- Set in the air fryer oven for 5 minutes, at 330 degrees F (air fryer setting); after the time is up, flip the French Toast and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Top with some whipped cream and strawberries.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 752Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 273mgSodium: 1017mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 25g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.