Air fryer Fried Bananas are unbelievably tasty — and so easy to make! Made with sugar, cinnamon, and oats, it’s a fun breakfast or afternoon snack idea that you’re going to want to make on repeat!
Air Fryer Fried Bananas
While I admit these fried bananas don’t look great in pictures, the taste was FABULOUS. They were so good, my son actually finished the plate. I literally turned around to put something in the refrigerator, and the next minute they were all gone. Not bad for a very picky eater!
Everyone has likely tasted roasted bananas. Now, anyone who has an air fryer can enjoy this amazing snack in mere minutes!
What’s more, it’s so easy. All you need is a few ingredients, most of which you probably have on hand: a banana, cinnamon, sugar, and your trusty air fryer.
If you have not roasted fruit in your air fryer yet, you are missing out! Try this fried banana recipe in your air fryer today!
If you’re craving fruit, some of my favorite Air Fryer Fruit Recipes are AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE BRUSCHETTA, AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES, AIR FRYER CANNED BROWN SUGAR GRILLED PINEAPPLE, and AIR FRYER GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES.
Why You’ll Love This Fried Banana Recipe
- Kid-friendly and approved!
- Ready in under 15 minutes
- Perfect for quick snacking
- Made with wholesome and fresh ingredients
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Fried Bananas
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Rolled Oats
- Optional, for serving: Sparkling Sugar
How To Make This Air Fryer Banana Recipe
Step 1: Prepare the bananas
Slice your bananas into evenly sized pieces and spray your air fryer tray with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
Step 2: Create the cinnamon sugar coating
Mix together the sugar, ground cinnamon, and rolled oats in a small bowl. Dip the banana slices into the mixture, then place them on the prepared tray.
Step 3: Air fry the bananas
Air fry the bananas at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 4-8 minutes.
Sprinkle the air fryer bananas with sparkling sugar right before serving. Enjoy!
- This air fryer banana recipe will work in any air fryer. I’ve also made these in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot, and Mealthy Lid. The recipe will remain the same, although the cooking time may vary.
- Depending on which air fryer you own, you may need to flip them halfway through the cooking process.
Air Fried Banana Variations
The key is to use flavor combinations that you know and love. Or, you could get creative and try something new. It’s all about preference!
Here are some great ways to play around with this air fried banana recipe:
- Drizzle with maple syrup
- Drizzle with honey
- Top with roasted nuts
- Serve with ice cream
- Serve with rum butter sauce
Can You Pan Fry Bananas?
Yes, you can — but this air fryer fried bananas recipe is so much easier! You also don’t have to worry about using an enormous amount of oil.
If you do ultimately decide to make fried bananas in a skillet, simply melt a bit of butter and then add the banana slices to cook. It should take around 5 minutes.
Why Are My Fried Bananas Mushy?
They are likely too ripe! Remember, you don’t need to use overripe fruit to make your air fryer bananas. If they’re too soft, they will turn to mush in the air fryer.
You also need to keep a watchful eye on the cooking time. Start checking on them after about 5 minutes to determine their doneness.
How Long Does Air Fried Banana Last?
This air fried banana recipe is best enjoyed fresh. You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for a day or two, but they won’t taste very good (or look good for that matter!) beyond that.
What to Serve With Air Fryer Bananas
You can really serve these with anything. For example, I added them to my son’s oatmeal today for some great flavor. But some other ways to serve these:
- Yogurt (Greek or regular)
- Topping for pancakes, waffles, crêpes, etc.
- Cottage cheese
- Vanilla ice cream
More Air Fryer Fruit Recipes:
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE FRIES
- AIR FRYER APPLE DUMPLINGS
- AIR FRYER RUM-SOAKED PINEAPPLE
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE CHIPS RECIPE
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES WITH GRANOLA
- AIR FRYER BROILED BROWN SUGAR GRAPEFRUIT
Air Fryer Fried Bananas
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sparkling sugar
- Start with a ripe banana. Peel.
- Slice your bananas and as you slice them, place them on the air fryer tray, that has been sprayed with either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Then in a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. And then set in your air fryer for 4 minutes at 400 degrees F, after 4 minutes flip and sprinkle again with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Then plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional