Air Fryer Baked Apples With Granola — What a great healthy snack! This is one of the best recipes for baked apples, filled with granola, currants, and other fillings that make this baked apple absolutely delicious!
If you have been looking for a great but simple Air Freyr Dessert, this is one of my favorites, baked up in an apple. There is nothing better than the center that is filled with granola, dried fruit, and seasonings!
And it cooks up in minutes! So when you are craving something sweet, reach no further than your air fryer, and cook up a batch of Air Fryer Baked Apples With Granola.
Why You Will Love This Recipe…
- Need I say more?
What Is An Air Fryer?
No matter what model you own, an air fryer is a small countertop appliance that heats the food with hot air, which circulates the air fryer with the fan’s help.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Baked Apples With Granola
- Diced Walnuts or Pecans
- Currants or Raisin
- Brown Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Apples With Granola
Start by cutting the apple’s top off.
Then use a knife to cut the apple, leaving enough room between the skin and the apple, so it doesn’t fall apart. Then use a spoon to dig the center out.
In a small bowl, mix the filling. Spoon the filling into the center of the apple. Set the filled apples into the air fryer basket or oven. Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 10 to 12 minutes.
Some Pro Tips for Making Air Fryer Baked Apples
- If you find that the apples are browning too quickly, tightly add a piece of foil around the top of the apples.
- You can use any dried fruit, today I used a combination of raisins and currants, but you can use any dried fruit.
- If you want a nut-free option, you can omit the nuts.
- You can use any apple that you want; there are so many that you can use.
- You do not need to peel your apple, and it actually helps keep the apple whole as it cooks up.
What Types Of Apples Should Be Used For Baked Apples?
I love to use a firm apple for this recipe, which will stay together, during the cookign process. There are seveal items that you can use. some of my favorites are:
- Pink Lady
- Granny Smiht
- Golden Delicous
How To Make Baked Apples In The Oven
Like most recipes, anything that you make in the Air Fryer, you can make in the oven.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and then place the prepared apples on a baking sheet. And then cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender.
What Kind Of Granola Should Be Used?
Today, I used simple granola, which I purchased from Trader Joe’s, but you can use any homemade granola mix. Or your favorite kind.
Can I Prep This Recipe Ahead of time?
No, for best results, I would make these as you want to eat them. They tend to get mushy as they sit.
LOOKING FOR MORE THINGS TO MAKE WITH APPLES?
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGES WITH ROASTED APPLES AND BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- INSTANT POT APPLESAUCE
- DEHYDRATING APPLES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES
- AIR FRYER APPLE TURNOVERS
- 2 apples, any type
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup granola
- 1/4 cup diced walnuts
- 1/4 cup either currants or raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Start by cutting the apple’s top off.
- Then use a knife to cut the apple, leaving enough room between the skin and the apple, so it doesn’t fall apart. Then use a spoon to dig the center out.
- In a small bowl, mix the filling.
- Spoon the filling into the center of the apple.
- Set the filled apples into the air fryer basket or oven.
- Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 804Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 92gFiber: 13gSugar: 58gProtein: 12g