If you have not gotten around to making hand pies or any item wrapped in dough, let me tell you, they only look intimating, they are actually really simple.
If you are not familiar with the term of hand pie, it’s really just a fancy way of saying portable pie. Meaning you can take these with you anywhere you go, and since they look like you spent hours and hours in the kitchen, they would be perfect for you to take to the next family gathering or BBQ that you are invited to.
Hand pies as I discovered through Wikipedia, are actually just small pies. They are just filled pies that have been encased with dough, Meaning they are individual pies, with the filling inside, which make them perfect walking around food. My kids are so going to love these, in September when I put them into their lunch boxes.
These make the perfect dessert since the kids can take them out of the kitchen, while I am cleaning the kitchen.
Here are some pointers when making hand pies, and if you follow these, I promise you will be making hundreds of them in no time.
And if you are looking for an amazing group of Air Fryer Experts, all who share their wisdom and knowledge, and great recipes, feel free to join here!!
First: Invest in a set of biscuit cutters, they come in handy for all of your baking, air fryer or regular.
Second, your air fryer type will make a difference in your cooking time, so I recommend that you set your time for a few minutes after it should be done, so that you don’t burn them, because there is nothing worse than a burned pie.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer, Air Fried, Deep Fried Oreos
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 oreos
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- Start by laying the dough out.
- Wrap the oreo cookie inside the dough.
- Make all of your packaged Oreos.
- Roll them in melted butter and cinnamon.
- Spray the basket with non-stick cooking spray, As you finish rolling them, place them in the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar over them,
- Plate, serve and enjoy!