Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops are perfect when you want that restaurant-quality dinner at home in only 30 minutes or less! Shake and bake pork chops are juicy and tender inside while slightly crispy on the outside.
Shake N Bake Pork Chops in the Air Fryer
Your family will love you for making these delicious Shake n Bake pork chops (one of America’s favorite seasoning mixes). Air fryer shake and bake pork chops only take a few minutes to cook and turn out great every time.
Pin this recipe, because once you make it, your kids and family will be asking for it all the time!
Today, I opted to serve it with some Copycat Panera Instant Pot Mac & Cheese. It’s so yummy and easy, and it pressurizes while you are making your Pork Chops in the air fryer. The secret to making air fryer breaded pork chops is to not overcook them.
Why You’ll Love Breaded Pork Chops In The Air Fryer
- Can use either homemade breading or store-bought!
- Great for entertaining or easy weeknights
- Only 3 ingredients
- Ready to eat in less than 20 minutes
What Exactly Is a Pork Chop?
Like all chops, they are part of the loin which is taken horizontally from the spine of the animal. Pork chops are usually very unprocessed food and are leaner than any other pork products you can purchase from the grocery store.
About 90% of the pork chops available in the grocery store come from the loin and the ribs. This is why, in recent years, they have become so popular as they are known as the other white meat (I’m sure you have seen the commercials).
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- Pork Chops
- Shake and Bake – Homemade or Store-Bought
- EVO Sprayer
How To Make Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
Step 1: Add breading to pork chops
Pour the Shake and Bake into a plastic bag, add your pork chops to the bag, and shake. Make sure that the shake n bake pork chops are fully coated on both sides.
Step 2: Air fry shake and bake pork chops
Place the breaded pork chops in the air fryer.
NOTE: In order to get the breading nice and moist, you must spray the bread coating with cooking spray.
Set the tray or basket into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 7 minutes. Make sure that your air fryer shake and bake pork chops are fully cooked — they must reach an internal temperature of 145-160 degrees F.
Pro Tips for Making Air Fryer Shake and Bake Pork Chops
- While I did not add any water to the pork chops, the coating stuck to the pork chops without falling off. But if you want, you can soak your pork chops in buttermilk or an egg wash to get the pork chops moist before cooking the breaded pork chops in the air fryer.
- Do not crowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, your pork chops will not crisp up. Be sure to leave plenty of room, to allow the hot air to circulate around the pork chops. They will be cooked to perfection.
- Depending on the air fryer, shake n bake pork chops will cook in about 7 to 10 minutes. Be sure to use a meat thermometer and check the internal temperature — which should reach 145 degrees F — before removing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some other kinds of breading I can use?
Some of the best options for Store-Bought Shake and Bake are Seasoned Panko, Parmesan Crusted, Original Chicken, Crispy Buffalo, Ranch and Herb, Original Pork, Hot & Spicy, Crunchy Pretzel, Extra Crispy, and even BBQ Glaze.
The only thing really varying among these recipes is their flavor — some have more seasoned flavors, while others taste saltier or sweeter than average due to excessive spices added during processing time (like garlic). So, just try out some breading mixes until you find your perfect match, and this will soon be one of your favorite air fryer breaded pork chops recipes.
How can I save some money when buying pork chops?
- Buy a family pack of pork chops — they are generally cheaper by the pound. Freeze any pork chops that you do not use for later.
- Bone-in chops are usually cheaper and also very flavorful, especially when making this air fryer shake and bake pork chops recipe.
- Wait for a sale, then stock up! Breaded pork chops in the air fryer make a perfect winter or summer meal.
Best Shake N’ Bake Pork Chops Mixes:
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Pork Chops With No Breading
- Air Fryer Pork Chops Recipes
- Easy Air Fryer Pork Chops with Flour
- Keto Air Fryer Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Chops Panko
- Pork Chops in an Air Fryer Oven
Do you find yourself longing for the taste and satisfaction of a restaurant meal, but do not have time or desire to travel? I understand! That's why we created our recipe: Air fryer pork chops (shake n' bake style).
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 package Shake and Bake Coating Mix
- Cooking Spray
Pour the Shake and Bake into a bag, add your pork chops and shake. Make sure that the pork chop is fully coated, both sides
As you coat, the pork chops, place them on a greased air fryer tray or basket. NOTE: In order to get the breading nice and moist, you must spray the bread coating with EVOO.
Set the tray or basket, into the air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 7 to 10 minutes.
Make sure that the pork is fully cooked, it much reaches the internal temperature of 145-160 degrees F, for it to be fully cooked.
Plate, serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply