Are you looking for an easy homemade shake and bake that is Keto friendly? Looking for a quick recipe to replace bread crumbs in your favorite dish? Below is one of my favorite Copycat Shake, Bake Keto, and Low Carb Friendly!
Are you missing that crispy, crunchy taste of Shake and Bake? Don’t worry- it’s easy to make at home! This homemade shake-and-bake recipe allows you to enjoy your favorite flavor without sacrificing nutrition. It is versatile enough for chicken and pork chops as a classic family dinner option and complies with the Keto diet by eliminating all refined sugars. This copycat version of Shake and Bake will quickly become a go-to staple meal in your household, allowing you to indulge in the flavors you know and love while having a healthier alternative for those nights when comfort food cravings kick in.
Keto Shake and Bake Recipe
Keto shake and bake coating is a great way to add flavor and crunch to your favorite meats while following a low-carb, high-fat diet. This coating is made with almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and spices, providing a delicious and crispy exterior to your meats.
Shake-and-bake coating is a quick and easy way to create flavorful and healthy meals, and it can be used on various types of meat, such as chicken, pork chops, and fish. Read on to learn more about making and using a keto shake and bake coating to enhance your favorite recipes.
Ingredients List Needed For Homemade Keto Shake And Bake
This easy dinner recipe is a perfect way to season up pieces of chicken or pork dishes. And it’s quick enough for the whole family to love. Nothing is better than a gluten-free and low-carb-friendly meal for the whole family.
Remember the step-by-step directions is below in the full recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutrition facts.
- Pork Rind Panko: You can buy crushed pork rinds or crush your pork panko.
- Almond Flour: You can also use coconut flour or protein powder
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Celery Salt, Paprika, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, Minced Dried Onions (or Onion Powder), Dried Parsley, Dried Oregano, and Dried Basil.
How To Make Homemade Keto Shake and Bake
Whether you just started the keto diet or have been on it for years, one thing is for sure – making your own homemade Keto Shake and Bake meal can be a delicious treat.
Plus, it’s easy to make and can help you stay on track with your nutrition goals while still satisfying those cravings. Here we’ll share the techniques and recipes to create these quick-and-easy ketogenic meals that are flavorful, nutritious, low-carb, and oh-so-yummy!
Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl, then transfer to an airtight container or close bag, and give the bake a quick healthy shake.
Pro Tips For Making Homemade Keo Shake n’ Bake
Here are some pro tips for making homemade keto shake and bake seasoning:
- Use a food processor: To ensure that your seasoning is evenly mixed and blended, use a food processor to combine the ingredients. This will also help break down any larger spices or ingredients, creating a finer texture that will stick better to your meats.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste: Shake and bake seasoning is all about personal preference, so adjust the seasoning to your liking. Start with the basic ingredients like almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and spices, and add more of your favorite spices for extra flavor.
- Use high-quality ingredients: To ensure that your shake-and-bake seasoning tastes great, use high-quality ingredients. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, high-quality spices, and fresh herbs will all make a big difference in the flavor of your seasoning.
- Store in an airtight container: Once you’ve made your shake-and-bake seasoning, store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh. This will also make it easy to access whenever you’re ready to use it.
- Experiment with different meats: Shake-and-bake seasoning isn’t just for chicken. Use it on pork chops, fish, or vegetables for a delicious and crispy coating.
- Use the right amount of seasoning: Be careful not to use too much seasoning, as this can make the coating too salty or overpowering. A light coating is all you need to add flavor and texture to your meats.
- Shake well: When using the shake and bake seasoning, be sure to shake the meat or vegetables well in the coating to ensure that it’s evenly distributed. This will help ensure the meat cooks evenly and is coated with a crispy, delicious coating.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the keto Copycat Recipe Shake and bake seasoning?
Keto shake and bake seasoning is a homemade seasoning blend that is used to coat meats such as chicken or pork chops before baking or air frying. It is a low-carb alternative to traditional shake-and-bake seasoning and typically includes ingredients such as almond flour, Parmesan cheese, and various spices.
How do I make a keto shake and bake seasoning?
To make a keto shake and bake seasoning, you will need a combination of almond flour, grated Parmesan cheese, and spices such as paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Simply mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and use as desired.
Is shake-and-bake seasoning keto-friendly?
Traditional shake-and-bake seasoning typically contains breadcrumbs, which are not keto-friendly due to their high carbohydrate content. However, keto-friendly shake-and-bake seasoning can be made by using almond flour or other low-carb flour as a substitute for breadcrumbs.
Can I use store-bought seasoning instead of making my own?
Yes, you can use store-bought seasoning if you prefer. Just be sure to check the label for any added sugars or high-carb ingredients that may not be keto-friendly.
What meats can I use with keto shake and bake seasoning?
A: You can use a keto shake and bake seasoning with various types of meat, including chicken, pork chops, fish, and even vegetables. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature based on the type of meat you are using.
Can I keep a large batch of shake-and-bake poultry seasoning on hand?
You can make a large batch of shake-and-bake seasoning and store it in an airtight container for future use. Just be sure to keep it in a cool, dry place to prevent any moisture from affecting the texture and flavor of the seasoning.
More Keto Recipes
Keto Shake and Bake Homemade Copycat Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups pork rind panko
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon celery salt
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced dried onions, or onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon basil, dried
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients, and store in a n airtight container.