I originally had these in Chicago, where I went on a trip with my family. And my kids, who at the time were some of the pickiest eaters, absolutely loved these. Here is a great recipe for Air Fryer Chicago-Style Pork Chop Sandwiches.
So, I started making them on my skillet, when we returned home. When I received my first air fryer, I ended up making these.
If you have never heard of a Chicago Pork Chop Sandwhicesh, here is what I can tell you. There is one place in Chicago that is famous for them, and they are so good, they have been making them for about 50 plus years.
The meat is brined and then seared and has a huge topping of grilled onions, and the entire thing is served on a large bulkie roll. You can either have it with sport peppers or a slab or mustard or both.
Today, I made a healthy version of this dish, by using my air fryer, but I still served it with grilled onions, made in my saute pan, and I served it on a bun, we skipped the peppers, but I served it with a side of mustard, for the kids to dip. (My kids love dipping)
I hope you and your family get a chance to try, Air Fryer Chicago-Style Pork Chop Sandwiches.
Here are some other tried & true Pork Chop Recipes, made in the air fryer–
Don’t Forget to Pin, Air Fryer Chicago-Style Pork Chop Sandwiches–
HERE ARE SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS IN MAKING THIS RECIPE, AFFILIATE LINKS INCLUDED–
100PCS AIR FRYER LINERS, VANCENS 9 INCH BAMBOO STEAMER LINERS, PREMIUM PERFORATED PARCHMENT PAPER SHEETS, NON-STICK BASKET MAT, PERFECT FOR 5.3 & 5.8 QT AIR FRYERS/STEAMING/BAKING/COOKINGPrint
Nothing is better than a sandwich smothered in fried onions. With a great pork flavor, surrounded by a great bun. I used bone-in chops, but eating these boneless would be so much easier.
- 2 large onions
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 6 hamburger buns
- Start by seasoning your pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place the pork chops on the baking sheet, that came with your Vortex.
- Place the pan with the pork chops into the air fryer.
- Set the broiler setting button and broil each side for 4 minutes. (After 4 minutes, open your Vortex and flip and broil for another 4 minutes)
- While the pork is cooking, slice your onions and place in a large frying pan, add in the oil.. Fry until they are cooked through.
- When the pork chops and onions are fully cooked. Place a pork chop on a bun, and give yourself a big scoop of the cooked onions.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot air fryer pork chop recipes instant pot vortex plus air fryer pork chops instant pot air fryer vortex pork tenderloin recipes instant pot air fry pork loin pork tenderloin instant pot air fryer instant pot fried pork chops vortex air fryer thick pork chops vortex air fryer oven pork chops