Air Fryer Copy Cat Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites — These Air Fryer Copy Cat Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites are a copycat recipe of the famous appetizer from Texas Roadhouse. The crispy coating makes these bites irresistible, and they’re so easy to make! They will be your new favorite party appetizer or snack to make for yourself at home!
Air Fryer Copy Cat Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites are amazing! Filled with cheese and then air-fried to absolute perfection for a delicious and easy appetizer!
If you are looking for an appetizer to wow everyone, this is it; there is something magical about Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites! Everyone in my family always loves it, and we all vie for the last one!
This appetizer was made for the air fryer, with the light and delicious coating on top, which air fries up to perfection! There is nothing better.
Ever since I made my first batch of Air Fryer Texas Roadhouse Deep-Fried Pickles, I have wanted to make this dish, and today was the day, to my family’s delight!
A great way to learn how to make these,
What Are Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites
Much to everyone’s delight, they do not contain any Rattlesnake parts. (A common question, according to the Internet)
Your Rattlesnake Bites will be deep-fried if you go to a Texas Roadhouse. Today I took it up and prepared them in my air fryer.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copy Cat Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- All-Purpose Flour
- Bread Crumbs
- Cayenne Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Copy Cat Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites
Mix the shredded cheese, cream cheese, and diced jalapenos in a large bowl. Mix well.
Use your hands to form about 1 to 1 1/2 balls, squeezing tightly. Continue until you have used all of the cheese/jalapeno mixtures.
Place the balls on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. pop the baking sheet into the freezer until the cheese balls are frozen solid (about 30 to 60 minutes)
Set up your breading station. You will need three small bowls. In one bowl, add the flour and cayenne pepper. In the second bowl, add the eggs (whisk them with a fork), and in the third bowl, add the bread crumbs.
Then coat the cheese balls with the flour, the egg, and bread crumbs.
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. As you coat your cheeseballs, add them to the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
Spray the coating GENEROUSLY with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F and set the air fryer for 5-8 minutes.
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK RATTLESNAKE BITES IN AN AIR FRYER?
You will want to cook these, in the air fryer, for about 5 to 8 minutes from frozen until they are golden brown.
DO YOU HAVE TO PREHEAT AN AIR FRYER?
For most meat recipes, you want to preheat if you wish to sear. Otherwise, I usually do not preheat, as the outside will get mushy with the breading coating.
You want the air fryer to heat the outside and the middle simultaneously so you get perfect Rattlesnake Bites.
WHAT GOES WITH RATTLESNAKE BITES?
Anything will go with these; I serve them with a great big salad to get a healthy and delicious side dish.
The cheese is vibrant, so it’s best to serve it with some vegetables.
WHAT DIPPING SAUCES GO WITH RATTLESNAKE BITES?
Typically this is served with Horseradish Dipping Sauce, which I found on Amazon, but you can serve this with anything. Some of the other great options:
- Sweet Baby Rays Dipping Sauce – Rays Secret Sauce – Net Wt. 14 FL OZ (414 mL) Per Bottle – Pack of 2 Bottles
- Kraft Homestyle Ranch Dressing & Dip (15.8 fl oz Bottle)
- Wish-Bone Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing, 15 FL OZ
DO I HAVE TO FREEZE THEM?
One of the most important parts of air frying any cheese is to freeze them. This way, as the outside is cooking, the inside cooks simultaneously.
If you do not freeze them solid, you will have a floppy mess in your air fryer basket.
ARE RATTLESNAKE BITES SPICY?
No, although they have both the diced jalapenos and the cayenne pepper. The cheeses do a great job of blending them out.
If you want to make them milder, you can reduce the jalapenos added to the mixture and omit the cayenne pepper.
CAN YOU FREEZE AIR FRYER RATTLESNAKE BITES?
This makes a great and easy appetizer. I made a whole batch, and then after they were frozen solid, I transferred them to a Ziploc Bag.
Then when you are ready to bread them, continue with the recipe.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER RATTLESNAKE BITES
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator.
To Reheat Texas Road House Rattlesnake Bites: Place them into the air fryer basket, spray with some cooking spray, and heat at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, until they are heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO SKINS
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY MASCARPONE BRUSCHETTA
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN COCONUT SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S CAULIFLOWER PANCAKES
- 8 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos (remove the seeds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the shredded cheese, cream cheese, and diced jalapenos. Mix well.
- Use your hands to form about 1 to 1 1/2 balls, squeezing tightly. Continue until you have used all of the cheese/jalapeno mixtures up.
- Place the balls on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. pop the baking sheet into the freezer until the cheese balls are frozen solid (about 30 to 60 minutes)
- Set up your breading station. You will need three small bowls. In one bowl, add the flour and cayenne pepper. In the second bowl, add the eggs (whisk them with a fork), and in the third bowl, add the bread crumbs.
- Then coat the cheese balls into the flour, then the egg, and finally the bread crumbs.
- Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. As you coat your cheeseballs, add them to the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- Spray the coating GENEROUSLY with cooking spray. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5-8 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 198mgSodium: 1036mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.