Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp is amazing! Crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside are truly unique!
If you were looking for the perfect way to cook up some frozen coconut shrimp, this is; it’s amazing to serve it along aside a dipping sauce for absolute perfection. They make a great snack or a quick main meal!
Last week, I purchased Trader Joe’s Coconut Shrimp package, which is amazingly pan-fried, so I threw it into the air fryer to see how it did. My son came running and asked what I did to his shrimp because they were terrific—crispy exterior.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Shrimp Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP, AIR FRYER BONEFISH GRILL BANG BANG SHRIMP (COPYCAT).
Why Cook Frozen Coconut Shrimp In Air Fryer
If you’re looking for a delicious seafood dish packed with flavor and texture, it’s hard to go wrong with frozen coconut shrimp made in an air fryer. It’s easy to make, requires minimal prep work, and the end result is always crispy, sweet-and-savory perfection! All you need are simple ingredients and your trusty air fryer, and you’ll have a tender shrimp in minutes. Get ready for tantalizing aromas of coconut shrimp freshly cooked from the air fryer wafting through your kitchen – let’s get cooking!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp
If you’re looking for a delicious seafood dish packed with flavor and texture, it’s hard to go wrong with frozen coconut shrimp made in an air fryer. It’s easy to make, requires minimal prep work, and the end result is always crispy, sweet-and-savory perfection! All you need are a few simple ingredients and your trusty air fryer, and you’ll have a tasty meal in minutes. Get ready for tantalizing aromas of coconut shrimp freshly cooked from the air fryer wafting through your kitchen – let’s get cooking!
Remember the step-by-step directions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post and the nutritional information.
- Frozen Coconut Shrimp: These are pre-battered shrimp coated in a mixture of breadcrumbs and shredded coconut, offering a delightful blend of sweet and savory flavors and a crispy texture when cooked.
- Cooking Spray: A light coating of cooking spray on the air fryer basket is essential to prevent the shrimp from sticking and to ensure they achieve an even golden crispness.
- Dipping Sauce: The choice of dipping sauce can greatly enhance the dish. Popular options include sweet chili sauce for a sweet and spicy kick or mango salsa for a fruity contrast to the richness of the coconut shrimp.
Air Fryer Instructions Frozen Coconut Shrimp
Then, to make it, it is best to keep it frozen. I advise everyone that it should go from the freezer to the air fryer basket.
Because once it starts to defrost, it will get watery. Place shrimp into the air fryer basket and set the cooking time for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, shaking the basket several times. For crunchy shrimp, spray the frozen shrimp with cooking spray or brush with olive oil using a pastry brush.
If you have an air fryer oven, flip it halfway with tongs. Remove when golden brown, and plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Can you put frozen shrimp in the air fryer? How do you cook frozen shrimp in an air fryer?
Yes, place the frozen shrimp into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 to 9 minutes.
The key is to shake the basket several times during the cooking process so it gets cooked evenly.
How long do you cook frozen breaded shrimp in an air fryer?
Place the frozen shrimp into the air basket in a single layer to allow the hot air to crisp up the coating.
Air fry the shrimp or prawns at 390° F or 199° C with a cooking time of 10-12 minutes.
How long do you Air Fry Seapak Shrimp?
Place the frozen shrimp into the air basket in a single layer to allow the hot air to crisp up the coating. This is one of my favorite things to get from the freezer section of my local grocery store.
Air fry the shrimp or prawns at 390° F or 199° C for 5 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Best Dipping Sauce for Coconut Shrimp
Coconut shrimp is a classic seafood dish with a unique flavor combination. The sweet and savory taste of the shrimp pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the coconut. However, having the proper dipping sauce is crucial to making this dish stand out. Without it, your coconut shrimp could be missing that special something. Here are some of the best dipping sauces for coconut shrimp.
- • Sweet chili sauce: Sweet chili sauce has the perfect combination of sweetness and spiciness that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of coconut shrimp. It adds a little kick to the dish without being too overwhelming. Plus, it’s easy to find in most grocery stores.
- Cocktail sauce: Cocktail sauce takes the classic pairing of shrimp and cocktail sauce to a new level. The sweetness of the coconut shrimp pairs wonderfully with the tangy flavor of the cocktail sauce. It’s also a perfect option for those who dislike spicy things.
- Mango chutney: Try mango chutney for a unique twist on this classic dish. The chutney’s sweet and sour flavors greatly contrast the coconut shrimp’s sweetness. It also adds a hint of exotic flavor that will make your dish stand out from the rest.
- Plum sauce or Sweet And Sour Sauce: Plum sauce is the perfect option if you’re looking for something a bit more mellow. The mellow sweetness of the plum pairs perfectly with the sweet coconut shrimp. The subtle flavor also won’t overpower the other flavors in your dish. For even more flavor, add a dash of hot sauce.
Whatever dipping sauce you choose will surely add a delicious punch of flavor that takes your coconut shrimp from good to remarkable! Try these fantastic dipping sauces to take your coconut shrimp dish to the next level.
How To Store
Let the leftover coconut shrimp cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. The coconut shrimp will last for 2-3 days.
How long does it take to cook coconut shrimp in the air fryer?
Since every air fryer is slightly different, I recommend cooking the shrimp until the internal temperature reaches 120 degrees F, using a meat thermometer, and checking the shrimp before removing it from the basket.
The size of the shrimp will determine the cooking time. Smaller shrimp will take longer to cook, while jumbo shrimp will take a few more minutes.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER HONEY GARLIC SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER BONEFISH GRILL BANG BANG SHRIMP (COPYCAT)
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER GARLIC AND LEMON SHRIMP
Air Fryer Frozen Coconut Shrimp
- 12 ounces coconut shrimp, frozen
- Place them into the air fryer basket for 10 minutes at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, shaking the basket several times.
- If you have an air fryer oven, then use a pair of tongs and flip halfway.
- Plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional